Financial Reporting Manager #100466
Accounting Policy Manager
A highly experiences Accounting job-seeker is needed for a Direct-Hire Accounting Policy Manager position in West Chester, PA! This position offers an annual salary that ranges from $90K to $110K, depending on skill and experience.
Responsibilities of the Accounting Policy Manager include:
- Preparing moderately complex reports and analytics to summarize current and projected company financial information. These may include balance sheets, income statements, and other financial reports on a monthly, quarterly, and/or annual basis
- Performing the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close related to separate account and broker dealer reporting requirements
- Assisting in the research and development of technical and operational accounting policy memoranda, as well as the identification and implementation of new accounting standards and/or evolving industry developments impacting the organization Research and assist in the preparation of external financial reporting data related to Statutory and/or U.S. GAAP requirements
- Reviewing and verifying financial data for accuracy, recommending and implementing process improvements
- Delivering succinct analysis of financial data tailored to the needs of different customers.
- Establishing, modifying, documenting, and implementing accounting processes and control procedures.
- Assisting in request processes in conjunction with internal and external audits, as well as other examinations.
- Managing multiple, often competing priorities and other duties as assigned
Perks of Working with Our Client Company (for full-time employees):
- Career development opportunities
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Flexible working schedule
- Generous paid time off
- And more!
Requirements of the Accounting Policy Manager:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum 5 years' accounting or finance experience
- Technical accounting policy experience, including within the insurance industry, is highly preferred
- Public accounting experience, particularly Big 4, is a plus
- CPA status (active or in pursuit) preferred
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel, with advanced Excel skills preferred
- Ability to analyze and interpret accounting principles and new accounting standards and determine impact on the organization.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to write memos, procedures, and other organizational correspondence
Contemporary Staffing Solutions (CSS) is a company that exudes unwavering results with urgency, honesty and integrity. CSS has been a leading provider of contract, temporary, temporary-hire & direct hire solutions. We began as a staffing agency and evolved to a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Accounting & Finance, Call Center & Office, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Information Technology, and Salesforce. We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. Everyone at CSS operates with pro-active pipelines and with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented work flow, with real cross training. The CSS team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!