IT Automation/Operations Engineer (DevOps) #99888
Currently looking for an experienced IT Automation and Operations Engineer (DevOps) to fill an opening in Conshohocken, PA. Interested candidates should have experience in writing full stack apps with Python frameworks (Flask, Django, Web2py, CherryPy).
Responsibilities of the IT Automation and Operations Engineer include:
- Designing/developing thoughtful short- and long-term solutions with web apps and RESTful APIs to assist with automated recovery, enhanced monitoring, and automation of common tasks.
- Training junior software engineers on software development best practices and techniques.
- Providing technical leadership throughout the design and development phases.
- Delegating work to other engineers and analysts.
- Analyzing performance of production applications and recommending solutions.
- Documenting functional and system specifications and knowledge base articles.
- Facilitating conference calls with teams within and outside of the company to troubleshoot/resolve issues related to connectivity and data transmission.
- Analyzing and documenting root causes to application outages.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject
- Experience in writing full stack apps with Python frameworks (Flask, Django, Web2py, CherryPy)
- Experience consuming and writing RESTful Web Services
- Experience with auto-remediation, automated runbooks, and event-driven automation, preferably with a third-party tool (StackStorm, Runbook)
- Minimum 5 years of system administrator experience with Windows, VMWare, and Linux servers
- Experience with source control management, specifically Git/Github/Gitflow
- Experience in continuous integration tools such as TeamCity or Jenkins
- Experience with fully automated CI/CD pipelines from development to prod
- Experience writing automated tests (unit, integration, environment)
- Knowledge and experience with containers (i.e. Docker) are preferred
- Knowledge and experience with writing infrastructure as code (i.e. CloudFormation, Terraform) are preferred
- Knowledge and experience with AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, VPC) are preferred
- Experience in shell scripting is preferred
- Knowledge and experience in Microsoft technology stack (VBScript, MS SQL Server, etc.) is a plus
- Minimum 5 years of engineering experience in T-SQL and relational databases and Java is preferred
- Experience with monitoring platforms is a plus, preferably SiteScope, Logic Monitor, AppDynamics
- Experience with Splunk/ELK, setting up log shipping, creating dashboards, and creating alerts is preferred
- Familiarity with job schedulers (ActiveBatch) a plus!
CSS Tec is a business unit of Contemporary Staffing Solutions and a company that exudes unwavering results with urgency, honesty and integrity. CSS Tec has been a leading provider of contract, contract-hire & direct hire solutions. We also offer Project Management and implementations of SalesForce solutions. CSS Tec prides itself on internal retention. Our team has multiple members who have been with CSS over 15 years. The average tenure of all of CSS Tec’s recruiters exceeds 5 years. CSS Tec is very established in the Philadelphia Metro area & has a strong brand, incredible reach, & access to both active & passive candidates due to deep and well-established networks throughout Greater Philadelphia & nationally. We began as a staffing agency and evolved to a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Information Technology and Salesforce We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. Everyone at CSS Tec operates with pro-active pipelines and with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented work flow, with real cross training. The CSS Tec team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!
CSS works with our clients and candidates to communicate the opportunity being extended along with the experience required and approved by the client. In turn, the compensation is based on experience and the decision to extend an offer at a specific amount is determined by the hiring company, not CSS. We value the opportunity to represent you and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.