Legal Assistant #101206
A job-seeker with either legal experience or working in a financial firm is needed for a Direct Hire Legal Receptionist position in Berwyn, PA! As the Legal Receptionist, you will primarily be responsible for the accurate completion of work assigned by multiple timekeepers and staff, word processing, filing, assistance with billing, time entry, telephone answering, faxing, handling daily mail, working with our bookkeeper and greeting clients as well as project and overflow work. This position offers $45k annually.
Responsibilities of the Legal Receptionist include:
- Assisting with running the office. Specific tasks will be delegated based on staffing needs and employee interest
- Participating in staff meetings and provide perspective and opinions about how to improve systems
- Answering and screening of routine telephone calls and emails
- Assisting with technology as needed, especially basic troubleshooting and flow charting/excel charts.
- Coordinating timekeepers’ calendars with own and reminding timekeeper of various meetings, appointments, court dates, etc.
- Greeting clients, providing hospitality, and other assistance when needed.
- Performing other related duties required based upon the unique practice of the attorney, such as, but not limited to, administrative work, practice development initiatives, and projects. In addition, a limited amount of administrative work for personal matters of the owner is to be expected on occasion (less than 5% of time).
Perks of Working with Our Client Company (for full-time employees):
- Personable office space
- Ideas and voices will be heard
- Great health insurance
- 12 weeks paid maternity leave
- Pet friendly!
- Bachelor’s Degree. Concentration in Accounting, Business or Legal Studies is a plus but not required. Also, you will be asked to become a notary or to renew your notary license. All costs are paid by the firm.
- A minimum of 1 year working in a professional office environment.
- Strong secretarial skills including typing, proofreading, spelling, grammar and math.
- Knowledge of PC and Windows applications.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize workload and use own judgment in decision making on how to adequately and efficiently meet deadlines.
- An ability to take the initiative in handling projects and anticipating needs.
- An ability to understand and follow detailed instructions.
- Must display a professional manner with clients, attorneys and staff members and be able to work collaboratively.
- Must be able to make productive use of working hours and exhibit strong time and priority management skills.
Contemporary Staffing Solutions (CSS) is a company that exudes unwavering results with urgency, honesty and integrity. CSS has been a leading provider of contract, temporary, temporary-hire & direct hire solutions. We began as a staffing agency and evolved to a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Accounting & Finance, Call Center & Office, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Information Technology, Sales force We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. Everyone at CSS operates with pro-active pipelines and with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented work flow, with real cross training. The CSS team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!