Legal Secretary #99950
A focused, self-motivated candidate is needed for a Direct-Hire Legal Secretary position in New York, NY! As the Legal Secretary, you will be responsible for handling administrative/clerical duties and assisting attorneys. This position offers an annual salary that ranges from $45K to $50K based on skill and experience.
Our client company has been operating in the legal industry for over a century! They are a progressive law firm has produced excellent results for their many clients, which range from giant, multi-national corporations to small start-ups, in all kinds of industries. The reach clients all over the world with their 10 offices and over 200 lawyers.
Responsibilities of the Legal Secretary include:
- Greeting guests and clients and answering or directing their questions.
- Performing all tasks associated with document production including revisions, formatting, printing, filing (including eFiling), and preparing reports.
- Scheduling meetings and conferences, maintaining calendars, preparing travel itineraries, and arranging travel.
- Handling incoming mail and e-mail, answering phones, and maintaining contact with clients and other necessary persons.
- Maintaining stocks and office supplies and inventory.
- Ensuring office equipment is operational by completing preventive maintenance and calling for repairs.
- Performing other administrative duties as assigned.
Perks of Working with Our Client Company (for full-time employees):
- Health and Dental insurance
- Life and Disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Family and Medical Leave
- Medical Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Domestic Partner Benefits
- Bar Membership Dues
- Paid CLE’s
- Vacation, Sick and Personal Time Off
- Business Casual Dress Code
Minimum 3 years of legal secretarial experience preferred
Prior experience in corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, or trusts and estates is preferred
Experience with Filesite, Imanage, or other document management software a plus!
Great multi-tasking skills and attention to detail
Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
Bilingual (Chinese/English) is ideal!
Contemporary Staffing Solutions (CSS) is a company that exudes unwavering results with urgency, honesty and integrity. CSS has been a leading provider of contract, temporary, temporary-hire & direct hire solutions. We began as a staffing agency and evolved to a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Accounting & Finance, Call Center & Office, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Information Technology, Salesforce We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. Everyone at CSS operates with pro-active pipelines and with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented work flow, with real cross training. The CSS team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!