Linux Network Administrator #101522
Linux Network Administrator
A Linux Network Administrator is needed for a Direct-Hire position in Philadelphia, PA. As the Linux Network Administrator, you will be responsible for the setup, configuration, implementation and monitoring of the company's Oracle Cloud Linux environment.
Responsibilities of the Linux Network Administrator include:
- Working on server hardening to ensure all servers and applications are setup securely.
- Handling Linux OS patches as well as application patches and maintenance.
- Collaborating with developers, consultants and end users on server and application requirements.
- Administering user access to servers and applications all within the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure as well as on premise Windows Active Directory.
- Creating/maintaining virtual networking and security lists.
- Administering user access through Cloud tools and Windows Active Directory.
- Keeping documentation updated.
- Configuring and installing various network devices and Services.
- Keeping up-to-date on new technologies an certifications.
- Maintain best practices on managing servers and networking
- Partnering with networking and security teams to optimize network connectivity, Windows Active Directory integration and enhance security.
- Working on all aspects of Linux virtual servers.
- Installing and supporting servers in a Microsoft Windows Environment.
- Providing application and service support to developers and troubleshooting various issues to determine root cause.
Requirements of the Linux Network Administrator:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
- At least 2 years of related experience
- Practical experience with Linux servers
- Proficient with Linux network tools such as iptables, firewall, NTP, SNMP etc
- Proficient with Linux user security, visudo, rights, etc
- Experience with Linux logging and Linux scripting
- Experience installing, configuring and maintaining Linux services such as Apache, Tomcat, etc.
- Experience with SSL certificates, self-signed and Certificate Authority
- Familiarity with Oracle and SQL databases and with Virtualization and Cloud service a plus
- Knowledge of networking concepts: firewalls, routers, switches, DNS, DHCP, load balancers, etc.
- Knowledge of Windows Active Directory
- Linux certifications a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Willing to travel
- Flexible with the ability to work on-call and work weekends as needed
CSS Tec is a business unit of Contemporary Staffing Solutions and a company that exudes unwavering results with urgency, honesty, and integrity. CSS Tec has been a leading provider of contract, contract-hire & direct hire solutions while also offering Project Management and implementations of Salesforce solutions. CSS Tec prides itself on internal retention, with the average recruiter’s tenure exceeding 5 years and some recruiters exceeding 15. CSS Tec is established in the Philadelphia Metro area & has a strong brand, incredible reach, & access to both active & passive candidates through well-established networks in the Greater Philadelphia area & nationally. Originally a staffing agency, we have evolved into a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Information Technology &Salesforce. We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. We operate with pro-active pipelines, with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented work flow, and with real cross training. The CSS Tec team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!
CSS works with our clients and candidates to communicate the opportunity being extended along with the experience required and approved by the client. In turn, the compensation is based on experience and the decision to extend an offer at a specific amount is determined by the hiring company, not CSS. We value the opportunity to represent you and are legally obligated does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.