Medical Assistant #101662
Contemporary Staffing has several Medical Assistant openings in Newark, DE! As the Medical Assistant, you will be responsible for assisting physicians in the examination and treatment of patients as well as performing clerical duties in an outpatient setting. This temporary position offers $15 an hour.
Responsibilities of the Medical Assistant include:
- Assisting providers in examinations and procedures.
- Escorting patients to exam rooms.
- Processing patient referrals.
- Making sure there is adequate coverage when there are staff shortages.
- Applying ICD9 and CPT 4 codes for billing purposes.
- Communicating between patients, physicians, and other staff.
- Sterilizing medical equipment.
- Ordering unit supplies.
- Performing other work when necessary.
Requirements of the Medical Assistant:
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Medical Assistant Certification
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Medical Assistant OR equivalent education and experience
- Very knowledgeable of medical terminology and managed care insurance
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient with computers and basic computer applications like Microsoft Office