Mid Level Data Modeler #101413
Mid Level Data Modeler
A highly technical job-seeker is currently needed for an on-site Mid Level Data Modeler position in West Chester, PA. As the Mid Level Data Modeler, you will primarily be responsible for creating and/or modifying data models.
Responsibilities of the Mid Level Data Modeler include:
- Delivering analysis, design, build, and refactoring of conceptual, logical and physical data models as requested by the Data architect and/or project team according to project plan
- Partnering with project team members to deliver data models and meet data requirements.
- Creating documentation and deliverables in accordance with company guidelines and standards
- Reviewing all relevant documentation to ensure compliance.
- Attending team meetings.
- Providing weekly status report of progress and hours worked.
- Recording time in the time reporting system (EPM).
- Transforming logical data model to physical data model.
- Maintaining metadata documentation/dictionary information in data modeling tool.
- Generating DDL from physical data model for database implementation.
Requirements of the Mid Level Data Modeler:
- Minimum 5 years in data modeling experience - at the logical and physical level, with a strong focus on dimensional modeling/OLAP
- Understanding of normalization of entities and tables; ensure use of proper constraints, naming standards, data types & lengths.
- Proficient in document data mapping (source to target)
- Work closely with business analyst(s) and IT resources to decipher business requirements and translate them to a logical data model.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Retail experience
- Proficiency in these technologies: OLAP RDBMS (Teradata, Netezza), Data warehouse schemas (Star, Snowflake), dimensional data modeling, SQL Tools (AQT, SQL Navigator), Data modeling tools (Erwin 9.5 and Model Mart), Proficient with writing SQL (OLTP RDBMS preferred)
CSS Tec is a business unit of Contemporary Staffing Solutions and a company that exudes unwavering results with urgency, honesty, and integrity. CSS Tec has been a leading provider of contract, contract-hire & direct hire solutions while also offering Project Management and implementations of Salesforce solutions. CSS Tec prides itself on internal retention, with the average recruiter’s tenure exceeding 5 years and some recruiters exceeding 15. CSS Tec is established in the Philadelphia Metro area & has a strong brand, incredible reach, & access to both active & passive candidates through well-established networks in the Greater Philadelphia area & nationally. Originally a staffing agency, we have evolved into a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Information Technology &Salesforce. We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. We operate with pro-active pipelines, with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented work flow, and with real cross training. The CSS Tec team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!