Mortgage Loan Originator #99952
A candidate with lending experience is currently needed for a Direct-Hire Mortgage Loan Originator in Memphis, TN! This position offers an annual salary of $50K.
Our client company is a large, thriving credit union. They offer numerous services, including loan and banking solutions. With over 60 years in the business, they know how to deliver excellent service to their customers and help them with all their applicable needs.
Responsibilities of the Mortgage Loan Originator include:
- Conducting interviews with prospective borrowers to analyze financial and credit data, determine member mortgage financing objectives, advise members of product/pricing policies and guidelines, and gather other information.
- Responding to member inquiries and referrals.
- Ensuring exceptional member service by maintaining thorough knowledge of lending and through complying with company, legal, and ethical codes and requirements.
- Utilizing training materials, reference tools, and other resources to pass on accurate loan information to external customers and internal business partners.
- Providing complete loan applications to the mortgage lending center and partners.
- Overseeing the loan process from origination to close and while providing ongoing communication to members and business partners.
- Completing training.
- Reviewing financial statements, credit reports, ratios, appraisals, and other files.
- Reviewing submitted files to qualify for Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, VA, and USDA (Rural Development) guidelines as per automated findings.
- Reviewing mortgage loan documents to determine if conditions meet investor standards.
- Ensuring property specifications and loan terms meet financial institution requirements and government regulations.
- Assisting with re-negotiations of loans based on lending guidelines.
- Communicating loan decisions to internal lenders, coordinators, and processors.
- Documenting the reasons for approval/denial of the loan in the loan file.
- Performing other related duties as needed.
Perks of Working with Our Client Company (for full-time employees):
- Competitive compensation packages
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance premiums
- Quarterly bonuses and employee incentive programs
- Paid time off starting (including your birthday!)
- Paid holidays (10 per year)
- 401K plan
- Employer-paid Life and Disability insurance
- Career development programs
- High school diploma/GED (Associate’s/Bachelor’s Degree preferred)
- Active registration with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry
- Minimum 2 years’ residential mortgage lending experience with a focus on generating self-sourced business.
- Familiar with residential mortgage underwriting and closing procedures
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Contemporary Staffing Solutions (CSS) is a company that exudes unwavering results with urgency, honesty and integrity. CSS has been a leading provider of contract, temporary, temporary-hire & direct hire solutions. We began as a staffing agency and evolved to a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Accounting & Finance, Call Center & Office, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Information Technology, and Salesforce. We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. Everyone at CSS operates with pro-active pipelines and with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented work flow, with real cross training. The CSS team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!