Network Engineer #101448
A driven and highly skilled Network Engineer is currently needed for a contract to hire position in Elkton, MD. As the Network Engineer, you will participate in a team enhancing, supporting Network platforms, and collaborating with the team to define, design, configure, test and deploy solutions to meet business objectives and outcomes.
Responsibilities of the Network Engineer include:
Planning, designing, implementing, running, and optimizing the company's enterprise network consisting of routers/switches, wireless, and security products.
Helping to drive network improvements and standards, including associated application infrastructure (web servers, application servers, and database servers, etc.).
Planning and executing network upgrades and migrations.
Creating project documentation such as system specifications/designs, test/acceptance plans, and as-built.
Collaborating with the global team to enable and build modern system / application architectures that include on premise and cloud components.
Filling network technical lead role and responsible for technical success of network related projects.
Researching network issues and working closely with team members to resolve these.
Perks of Working with Our Client Company (for full-time employees):
- 401K plan with company match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Option to purchase additional vacation
- Stock plan purchase options
- Parental leave
- Tuition assistance
- Employee assistance program
Requirements of the Network Engineer:
- Associates' degree in Computer relevant field
- 5+ years’ experience in designing, implementing and maintaining complex Cisco based infrastructure environments, including routing and fabric technologies
- Deep familiarity with modern network products, including: Cisco (Nexus/ACI, Firepower/ FMC, Meraki Dashboard with LAN/Wi-Fi/SDWAN components, ISE, AnyConnect, ASA)
- Deep Knowledge of common protocols and associated topologies in their up to date versions, such as: BGP, OSPF, VxLAN, MPLS, STP, ACI/SDN, VRF
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel domestic or international (up to 10% travel)
- Cisco certification preferred
- Familiarity with network related product ranges, including: Palo Alto, F5, Extreme Network, Aerohive, VMWare, Nutanics, AWS, Azure, Solarwinds, Netscout, Riverbed, zScaler preferred
- Working familiarity of common Cisco APIs to enable integrations with/between Meraki Dashboard, VMWare, ACI Fabric, Rightscale, Ansibel, ISE, Umbrella and AMP/advanced protection preferred
- Knowledge of IT process frameworks and best practices in a Dev Ops Model
CSS Tec is a business unit of Contemporary Staffing Solutions and a company that exudes unwavering results with urgency, honesty, and integrity. CSS Tec has been a leading provider of contract, contract-hire & direct hire solutions while also offering Project Management and implementations of Salesforce solutions. CSS Tec prides itself on internal retention, with the average recruiter’s tenure exceeding 5 years and some recruiters exceeding 15. CSS Tec is established in the Philadelphia Metro area & has a strong brand, incredible reach, & access to both active & passive candidates through well-established networks in the Greater Philadelphia area & nationally. Originally a staffing agency, we have evolved into a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Information Technology &Salesforce. We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. We operate with pro-active pipelines, with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented work flow, and with real cross training. The CSS Tec team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!
CSS works with our clients and candidates to communicate the opportunity being extended along with the experience required and approved by the client. In turn, the compensation is based on experience and the decision to extend an offer at a specific amount is determined by the hiring company, not CSS. We value the opportunity to represent you and are legally obligated does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.