Network Engineer #101925
Our client is currently looking for a Network Engineer to join their IT department in Malvern, PA in a Direct-Hire position. As the Network Administrator, you will primarily be responsible for supporting the network infrastructure.
Responsibilities of the Network Engineer include:
- Reporting to the Architecture Manager and managing the primary network infrastructure supporting 3000+ employees.
- Overseeing, implementing, and troubleshooting network systems including data-center, remote offices, network firewall, Internet circuits, SDWan, and VPN connectivity.
- Supporting, troubleshooting, maintaining, upgrading, and building network infrastructure to stay in line with current industry best practices and security standards.
- Implementing new connectivity solutions and redesigns of networks.
- Managing connectivity to cloud and off-site environments through a variety of solutions including point to point VPN, dedicated connections, and SDWan, LAN/WAN routing (BGP, MPLS, QoS, MPLS).
- Providing tactical and strategic input on network planning and related projects.
- Ensuring efficient data-center communication between SAN, VMWare environment, and core data-center network.
- Managing technical projects of varying scopes from planning to implementation.
- Building consensus among management, peers, and users to successfully pitch projects, manage change, and drive success.
- Designing systems and processes to increase pro-activity and intelligent alerting.
- Creating high quality network documentation.
- Handling vendor management for support contracts, equipment purchases, and solutions architecting.
- Providing after hours on-call support as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable technical discipline
- 7+ years of related technology work experience or equivalent in total work experience
- Previous experience of successfully building and implementing systems throughout an enterprise environment
- Detailed layer 1 through 7 knowledge
- Experience doing traffic flow analysis and troubleshooting
- Hands on experience with Cisco routing and switching (IOS, NX-OS), firewall Solutions (Cisco, Palo Alto, Fortinet), VPN (Cisco, Fortigate)
- Experience with configuring and maintaining secure wireless networks (Aruba, Meraki)
- Experience with SD-WAN technologies (Meraki)
- Broad experience and familiarity with aspects of infrastructure systems beyond core networking (Cloud, email, virtualization, SAN, security infrastructure, etc)
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Work extended hours during peak periods and off hours maintenance
- Training and certifications (CCNP, CCNA, CISSP, ITIL)
- Can travel to divisional offices and other company functions (less than 15%)
CSS Tec is a business unit of Contemporary Staffing Solutions and a company that exudes unwavering results with urgency, honesty, and integrity. CSS Tec has been a leading provider of contract, contract-hire & direct hire solutions while also offering Project Management and implementations of Salesforce solutions. CSS Tec prides itself on internal retention, with the average recruiter’s tenure exceeding 5 years and some recruiters exceeding 15. CSS Tec is established in the Philadelphia Metro area & has a strong brand, incredible reach, & access to both active & passive candidates through well-established networks in the Greater Philadelphia area & nationally. Originally a staffing agency, we have evolved into a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Information Technology &Salesforce. We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. We operate with pro-active pipelines, with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented work flow, and with real cross training. The CSS Tec team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!
CSS works with our clients and candidates to communicate the opportunity being extended along with the experience required and approved by the client. In turn, the compensation is based on experience and the decision to extend an offer at a specific amount is determined by the hiring company, not CSS. We value the opportunity to represent you and are legally obligated does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.