Network Server Engineer #108027
Occassional Travel and onsite in Pittsburgh, PA office
No C2C rates
Our client is an IT solutions provider offering a full range of networking and technology solutions including Network Infrastructure, Data Center/Server/Storage solutions, Security Technologies, Unified Communications, Managed Services, Cloud Solutions, and Technical Services. We hold strategic alliance partnerships with industry leading OEMs such as Cisco, Cisco Meraki, HP Enterprise, HPE/Aruba Networking, HP, Inc., Fortinet, VMware, Ruckus, Barracuda Networks, BlackBerry, APC, Axis, ESET, Lenovo, Microsoft, StorageCraft, Veeam, and more.
The role of Infrastructure Engineer is specifically focused in the area of network and security engineering. Experience with Server and Operating System Engineering experience would be highly desired, but not the focus of the role. The ideal candidate will possess industry associate and professional level certifications such as CCNA/CCNP, ACMA/ACMP, NSE4, etc.
The right candidate for this position will possess strong technical expertise as well as a solutions focused mind-set with a passion for solving client’s technology related challenges.
· implement and manage our client’s enterprise system technologies
· Install and configure routers, switches and wireless networking ( autonomous and controller based)
· Cisco, Meraki, Aruba, Fortinet and others
· Install and configure firewalls for small to medium size businesses, Primarily Fortinet
· Assisting with pre-sales process by documenting and analyzing customers’ needs and helping select appropriate solutions
- 7+ years of technical experience in, but not limited to, enterprise Infrastructure technologies
- Experience in a Professional Services or MSP environment with experience supporting external clients
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking , routing protocols, and wireless standards.
- Install and configure routers, switches and wireless networking ( autonomous and controller based)
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving issues with firewalls, wired and wireless networks
- Previous experience providing pre-sales support desired but not required