Procurement Assistant #101508
A talented and experienced job-seeker with good business acumen, legal acuity, product knowledge, project management and organization skills is needed for a Procurement Assistant position in Jacksonville, FL! As the Procurement Assistant, you will primarily be responsible for ensuring that contracts and payment terms are negotiated in accordance with established contract administration policies and procedures, including all regulatory requirements. This temp-to-hire position is offering $31/an HR.
Responsibilities of the Procurement Assistant include:
- Interacting and collaborating well with internal stakeholders from Legal, Compliance, IT, Sales, Marketing and other functional business areas
- Influencing across all levels of management, including executive leadership
- Leading business requirement gathering sessions
- Documenting and preparing comprehensive bidding packages
- Representing the company as the single point of contact with potential suppliers during the RFP process
- Facilitating and leading onsite vendor presentations
- Developing and facilitating the use of formal scoring matrices to support vendor selection
- Maintaining strict compliance with corporate policies and procedures relating to Business Ethics and Code of Conduct, in addition to the specific procurement regulations established by the Federal Government.
- Managing continuous process improvement by:
- Proactively identifying and taking action to improve the applicable procurement processes
- Identifying opportunities to increase internal business partners’ education and alignment and acting on ideas
- Using and analyzing data to support improvement opportunities
- Utilizing professional specialized expertise in technical, legal, business, procurement and asset management disciplines for the acquisition of tangible and non-tangible assets
- Determining the appropriate contracting approach to mid-complexity acquisition needs, as well as draft, presenting and negotiating all language within such contracts with stakeholders and vendors
- Managing the associated due diligence regarding, and contractually address the implications of FEP, CMS, State Group, HIPAA, HITECH, etc. requirements on any asset acquisition activity
- Developing well thought out acquisition and negotiation strategies and execute with accuracy and agility
- Articulating, defending and presenting contracting strategies and approaches (of both parties) with business stakeholders and management as necessary to gain support and buy-in on negotiating strategies and efforts
- Constructing professionally written executive summaries which articulate, in summary fashion, the initiative supported by the acquisition, the strategy, negotiation highlights, inherent risks and benefits, and financial landscape of mid-complexity contracting efforts
- Handling multiple assignments and achieve goals and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Perks of Working with Our Client Company (for full-time employees):
- Excellent health plans and HSAs
- Dental, Vision, and Life plans
- Paid Parental Leave
- Optional pet insurance
- 401K plan
- Paid Time Off and Volunteer time off
- On-site health facilities and even intramurals!
- Related Bachelor’s degree or additional related equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of related work experience or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education.
- Successful contract negotiation experience in any of the following mid-complexity services: Software, Hardware, Technology related Professional Services, Business Process Outsourcing (BPO), General Business Services, or Goods and Retail Products.
- Solid contract drafting and terminology knowledge that includes understanding of subtleties of contract language, risk-based language, contracting traps and pitfalls to avoid, document management and control, and legal acuity necessary to successfully negotiate mid-complexity contracts
- Requires strategic as well as tactical knowledge of the RFP/Sourcing Process
- Understands principals of procurement and supply management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively within an organization and diverse audiences
- Ability to multi-task and handle several assignments concurrently while still meeting deadlines
- Ability to work independently, reviewing moderate to complex contract issues and recommending appropriate resolutions
- Ability to comprehend complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proven ability to drive organizational change
- Proven ability to influence across matrix and at all levels of management, including executive level
- Proven ability to lead cross functional teams
Contemporary Staffing Solutions (CSS) is a company that exudes unwavering results with urgency, honesty and integrity. CSS has been a leading provider of contract, temporary, temporary-hire & direct hire solutions. We began as a staffing agency and evolved to a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Accounting & Finance, Call Center & Office, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Information Technology, Sales force We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. Everyone at CSS operates with pro-active pipelines and with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented work flow, with real cross training. The CSS team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!