Quality Engineer #100412
The Quality Assurance Engineer defines, develops, maintains, and executes the automation of test scripts for IT projects and/or maintenance items. Strives to ensure that system requirements are satisfied for internal and external application users. Ensures project testing is complete and testing risks are identified prior to implementation. Manages defects from identification to closure through the Software Life Cycle.
Responsibilities of the Quality Engineer include:
- Defines, develops and maintains automated test scripts. Reviews automated test scripts and provides feedback to less experienced team players.
- Independently executes automated test plans and test scripts based on planned project schedules and in accordance with QA methodology.
- Works with Functional teams to understand how to reduce manual testing effort (regression).
- Understands applications, integration points and key business drivers.
- Proactively escalates issues to the QA Lead/Management and alerts the project team on potential impact to test schedules.
- Records and tracks defects uncovered during the execution of tests scripts. Drives defect towards resolution; proposes and designs retest cases, scripts and data. Contributes to the defect management: defect status, root cause.
- Provides timely and accurate status defect information and appropriate metrics to facilitate QA project reporting. Reports individual status: dashboard information, open issues, risk analysis.
- Provides consistent and uninterrupted testing service to the organization and minimizes risk of system down time.
- Reviews user stories/requirements and specifications and provides input during requirements and specification walkthroughs.
- Develops and executes complex SQL queries.
- Contributes to the development of the automated test plans and overall testing approach. Contributes to the development of project and release Test Plan documents. Understands and contributes to the process of test estimates and project schedules.
- Recommends functional areas that could benefit from Automation.
- Participates in automation test planning, test case design and test script walkthroughs with QA Leads. Understands automated testing to be accomplished and suggests changes for efficiencies within or between projects. Actively participates and contributes to the QA Automation Test Design.
- Develops and sustains appropriate relationship with Development, Functional teams, peers and other project team members.
- Coordinates and performs the evaluation of Software Test and Automation tools
Requirements of the Quality Engineer:
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Mobile testing and automation – Appium
- .com testing using Selenium
- API testing tools – SOAP UI, Postman, etc
- 4 years’ experience in developing and implementing business applications or in Quality Assurance.
- Experience with code evaluations and conducting code reviews
- Experience with Front-end Development technology (Agular JS, Phantom JS, HTML5)
- Experience with JIRA, Jenkins and GIT.
- 3+ years of application complex development experience, preferable with Java
- Experience in Mobile Testing and Automation – Appium, Calabash/Ruby, Cucumber
- Extensive experience with 2 or more of the automation tools & frameworks such as Selenium, Postman, SOAPUI, TestNG, XUnit, JUnit, NUnit, etc.
- 3+ years’ experience with script execution through ALM.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and planning ability. Detail oriented. Observational.
- Ability to multi-task to accomplish workload efficiently. Excellent time management.
- Good work ethic and general business acumen.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Working knowledge of testing concepts, verification and validation techniques, defect management, quantitative methods, risk management and measurement programs.
- Working knowledge of defect tracking, quality principles and testing tools.
- Knowledge of Risk Management. Statistical Analysis. Quality Assurance and Quality Control practices.
- Ability to work on all phases of complex application assignments understanding project lifecycles.
- Experienced with architecture design and integration of frameworks and multiple modules.
- Working with global teams/projects
- Automation experience in Agile team
- Knowledge of BDD or TDD approach
- Strong knowledge of IT standards and procedures and IT systems