Senior Buyer #99661
An experienced buyer with great knowledge of government regulation and a passion for environmental practices is needed for a Senior Buyer position in West Deptford, NJ! This temporary-to-hire position offers $40 an hour.
Our client company is at the vanguard of environmentally-friendly technology. By using their knowledge of modern science, they develop solutions, while partnering with their customers, that make a true difference in the world around us. They have already improved lives and the environment by enabling cleaner air, providing improved health, and developing a better way to use natural resources.
Responsibilities of the Senior Buyer include:
- Developing an understanding of all sites’ operations to determine essential goods and services needed to support plant operations.
- Researching competitive supplier sources to insure the purchase of highest quality and lowest cost materials, goods, and services.
- Negotiating/coordinating with vendors, suppliers, and Company personnel the purchase and distribution of goods/services.
- Reviewing vendor/supplier agreements to insure appropriate legal terms and conditions on behalf of all sites
- Developing and implementing Purchasing policies, procedures, and systems.
- Investigating and resolving purchasing discrepancies with vendors and accounting.
- Overseeing and delegating the work to ensure efficiency.
- Making sure all procedures are compliant with government regulations.
Perks of Working with Our Client Company (for full-time employees):
- Fair, competitive salaries
- Medical, Life, and Disability insurance
- Health assessments, Counseling, and Health programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Retirement savings
- Individual savings accounts
- Commuter allowances and loans
- Reward programs and Incentive plans
- And fitness and retailer discounts!
B.S. in Business or Purchasing
Minimum 7 years’ purchasing experience in a pharmaceutical or chemicals manufacturing environment
Knowledge of cGMP principles and an understanding of NJ, PA, and MA Sales and Use Tax and exemptions
Knowledge of Customs and FDA importation regulations and the Code of Federal Regulations
Knowledge of INCO and domestic shipping terms
Knowledge of chemical nomenclature such as USP, ACS, CAS#, COA, COC
Knowledge of all EH&S policies and procedures.
JD Edwards and ARIBA strongly preferred
Knowledge of Sustainability and RC14001 preferred
Contemporary Staffing Solutions (CSS) is a company that exudes unwavering results with urgency, honesty and integrity. CSS has been a leading provider of contract, temporary, temporary-hire & direct hire solutions. We began as a staffing agency and evolved to a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Accounting & Finance, Call Center & Office, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Information Technology, Salesforce We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. Everyone at CSS operates with pro-active pipelines and with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented work flow, with real cross training. The CSS team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!