Senior Software Engineer- Integration #99364
A Direct-Hire Senior Software Engineer position is currently being recruited for in Philadelphia, PA!
Our client company is a technology company that is focused on online and mobile payment processing on the company’s very own platform.
As the Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible software design and architecting, software development, and system integrations. This position earns an annual salary of $120K.
Responsibilities of the Senior Software Engineer include:
- Building properly structured, well commented solutions for complex integrations and complex problems.
- Extending our payment gateway platform with integrations to credit card and gift card processors using data transfer specifications, such as ISO 8583 and various other interface specifications.
- Executing unit and system testing.
- Working with third party certification analysts to test and certify integrations.
- Working within the Scrum team to create stories, tasks, estimates, and delivery each Sprint.
- Following/contributing to technical standards, coding standards, tools, platforms, and approaches. Help define and create application frameworks and common libraries for a wide variety of solutions, always seeking to reuse code and core frameworks where possible.
- Working with the QA team to ensure proper test plan, test coverage, test execution, and defect remediation.
Perks of Working with Our Client Company (for full-time employees):
- A fast-growing company
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401K plan
- Commission Sharing Plan
- Career growth opportunities and upward mobility
- Even a full-time barista in the office!
Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
Minimum 8 years’ experience as a Software Developer/Engineer
Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
Source code control, architecture, coding structure, and unit/system testing experience
Experience in high volume transactional processing environments (financial or payment related) a plus!
Experience in the following:Great creative thinking, problem-solving, and multi-tasking skills
- .Net 4.0+, VS 2012+
- C#, ASP.net, strong object-oriented experience
- Experience building high throughput on line transaction processing
- Interfacing with external web services of all types
- Experience integrating and transferring data to third party systems
- Building and Documenting external interfaces for third party consumption
- Web services; WCF, SOA, RESTful services (developing and consuming)
- SQL 2008+, stored procedure development, normalized database development, indexes, keys
- Working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including TCP/IP socket programming, http and https handling, WiFi, GPRS, SSH, SSL, etc.
- Liquibase, GIT, SVN, Tortoise, SCM, Jenkins, Cruise Control, Team Foundation Server
- Technically competent in programming languages (C, C++, and/or Java considered a plus!)
- Knowledge of full application life cycle design tools and methodologies (Agile:Scrum, Extreme Programming)
Works well in a team environment
Knowledge of data security, encryption handling, compliance, data privacy and laws
Strong Microsoft Office, Project, and Visio skills
Can travel when necessary
Pass a background check and drug testing
Contemporary Staffing Solutions (CSS) is a company that exudes unwavering results with urgency, honesty and integrity. CSS has been a leading provider of contract, temporary, temporary-hire & direct hire solutions. We began as a staffing agency and evolved to a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Accounting & Finance, Call Center & Office, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Information Technology, Salesforce We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. Everyone at CSS operates with pro-active pipelines and with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented work flow, with real cross training. The CSS team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!