Senior Staff Accountant #101766*
Senior Staff Accountant
A Senior Staff Accountant is needed for a position in Philadelphia, PA. This position offers over $30 an hour.
Responsibilities of the Senior Staff Accountant include:
- Overseeing daily activities of financial statement audits, reviews, compilations, agreed upon procedures, and special projects.
- Identifying accounting, financial statement, and reporting issues, based on professional guidelines including U.S. GAAP and IFRS.
- Making recommendations for business and process improvements based upon knowledge gained relative to the client's operations, processes, and business objectives.
- Developing relationships with the clients to provide superior client service.
- Supervising/leading the staff through counsel, guidance and coaching.
- Investing in professional development through active participation in training sessions and networking events both internally and externally.
- Assisting with recruiting activities to include campus recruiting along with referring experienced individuals to the firm and participating in the firm's Employee Referral Bonus Program.
- Demonstrating excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards.
Requirements of the Senior Staff Accountant:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, 150 credits to sit for the CPA exam required.
- CPA preferred
- At least 2 years of experience providing attest services in a professional services firm
- Experience working in Non-Profit & Government industries
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP, U.S.GAAS, and Public Company Oversight Board (PCAOB) Auditing Standards
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of communication, relationship building, personal development, collaboration, and problem solving along with initiative, adaptability and highly developed Microsoft Suite skills
Contemporary Staffing Solutions (CSS) has been a leading provider of contract, temporary, temporary-hire & direct hire solutions. Originally a staffing agency, we have evolved into a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Accounting & Finance, Call Center & Office, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Information Technology, and Salesforce. We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. We operate with pro-active pipelines, with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented work flow, and with real cross training. The CSS team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!