Systems Infrastructure Engineer #101713
Systems Infrastructure Engineer
A skilled Systems Infrastructure Engineer is needed for a Direct-Hire position in Center City, Philadelphia.
Responsibilities of the Systems Infrastructure Engineer include:
- Participating in short- and long-term planning efforts with management.
- Leading or assisting departmental project teams and task forces designed to streamline workflow and/or resolve issues.
- Designing and implementing procedures for monitoring, configuration management and reporting functions.
- Ensuring compliance with applicable security standards and requirements.
- Providing tier III support for client requests, incidents and problems related to our server and storage subsystems.
- Providing after-hours support if needed, to address incidents and to maintain systems, support operational efforts and implement changes that would otherwise create business impact.
- Collaborating with other teams in the development, implementation, testing, and rollout of new hardware, software, and applications serving the firm's business needs.
- Assisting the team in the development, interpretation, administration and communication of departmental strategies, policies and procedures.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Perks of Working with Our Client Company (for full-time employees):
- Health Insurance
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Vacation & Paid Time Off
- And more!
Requirements of the Systems Infrastructure Engineer:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical knowledge. Appropriate certifications preferred.
- 5+ years of working enterprise experience in an IT operations, system administration/engineering or Infrastructure role and must possess proficiencies in core systems as described above.
- Thorough command of the industry language and the ability to effectively communicate technical information to a variety of technical and non-technical users.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple assignments, use initiative and judgment to accomplish results, participate as a team leader or member of a team, work under pressure and complete job assignments in an accurate, timely and professional manner.
- Strong written, communication, interpersonal and customer service skills required and ability to interact effectively and professionally with all learning styles, personality types and levels of management, staff and a variety of external entities including clients and prospective clients of the Firm.
- Computer Skills:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a basic knowledge of / be proficient in the following:
- Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project & Visio applications
- Microsoft System Center, VmWare, SolarWinds, CommVault & VEEAM backup technologies.
- A conceptual understanding of the operation of Microsoft operating system, Active Directory, computer operations and network design topology
- Experience with Certificate Services is a plus
CSS Tec is a business unit of Contemporary Staffing Solutions and a company that exudes unwavering results with urgency, honesty, and integrity. CSS Tec has been a leading provider of contract, contract-hire & direct hire solutions while also offering Project Management and implementations of Salesforce solutions. CSS Tec prides itself on internal retention, with the average recruiter’s tenure exceeding 5 years and some recruiters exceeding 15. CSS Tec is established in the Philadelphia Metro area & has a strong brand, incredible reach, & access to both active & passive candidates through well-established networks in the Greater Philadelphia area & nationally. Originally a staffing agency, we have evolved into a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Information Technology &Salesforce. We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. We operate with pro-active pipelines, with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented work flow, and with real cross training. The CSS Tec team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!
CSS works with our clients and candidates to communicate the opportunity being extended along with the experience required and approved by the client. In turn, the compensation is based on experience and the decision to extend an offer at a specific amount is determined by the hiring company, not CSS. We value the opportunity to represent you and are legally obligated does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.