Senior Cloud Network Engineer #107671
Our client in Malvern, PA is seeking a Senior Cloud Engineer to join the team 100% remote. This is a direct hire opportunity.
The Sr. Network Cloud Engineer will be responsible for the architecture, planning and supporting of the AWS Cloud and Premise network infrastructure. The incumbent will design and deploy network solutions to meet the requirements of core organizational functions, as well as evaluate and recommend technologies required to meet those requirements. This individual will provide the highest levels of support to ensure the availability, reliability, integrity, and efficient operation of the systems that support the AWS Cloud and Premise enterprise applications. You will provide network leadership to define and implement strategies to ensure scalability, availability, and security in support and maintenance of the company’s AWS Cloud, local and wide area networks utilizing multiple third-party network management tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Computer Science, IT or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 6+ years in routing, switching, Firewall experience with three years focused on cloud networking. Responsibility also in the area of hybrid network infrastructure design, infrastructure support, encompassing both Cloud, LAN /WAN and Firewall and Layer 3 Switching protocol.
- Experience with the following networking routing and switching systems preferred: AWS, Cisco Switches, Cisco Routers, Cisco Meraki, Cisco Wireless; Transit Gateway, Palo Alto Firewalls, Routing protocols (OSPF, BGP); Voice over IP, Quality of Service and traffic flow classification and optimization
- Licenses/Certifications: AWS network specialty, Cisco CCNP, CCIE a plus
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Network Infrastructure Configuration, LAN related technologies: VLANs, HSRP, etc.
- In depth knowledge of TCP/IP and UDP
- Ability to create Infrastructure as Code scripts to be used by application engineers
- Working technical knowledge of HTTP/S, DNS, POP, SMTP, FTP, SNMP, TACACs+, Proxy Servers, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate future business needs while assessing new technologies and determining in which ways new technologies can be leveraged by the IT Operations staff
- Strong analytical skills in making recommendations and/or implementing enhancements to existing Cloud infrastructure
- Hands on experience involving troubleshooting and support of medium to large Hybrid IP Data Networks; strong experience troubleshooting switching and routing platforms and routing protocols
- Proven ability to document IT policies and procedures, network diagrams to clearly articulate technical designs, issues/constraints, procedures
- Demonstrated experience/effectiveness managing complex projects
- Strong written and verbal communication and documentation skills
- Must be able to pass drug and criminal background check
Contemporary Staffing Solutions (CSS) is a company that exudes unwavering results with urgency, honesty, and integrity. CSS has been a leading provider of contract, temporary, and direct hire solutions. Nationally supporting Salesforce Projects & Managed Services and nd staffing solutions with a focus in Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Information Technology, Salesforce, and Call Center & Office. Everyone at CSS operates with pro-active pipelines, the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, and a team-oriented workflow with real cross-training. The CSS team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can timely deliver solutions to meet your expectations. Our testimonials on our website tell the story from our clients and candidates—check them out!