Contemporary Staffing Solutions is seeking a Captive Insurance Underwriter and Compliance Specialist
to join our client for a remote opportunity
! As the Captive Insurance Underwriter and Compliance Specialist, you will primarily be responsible for providing support with cell captives, standalone captives and group captives, Haven Re, RRGs and others as they grow with the consulting and management in the Global Captive Solutions (GCS) Team. This Direct-Hire
opportunity is offering $90,000/year with a 10% bonus structure!
Responsibilities of the Captive Underwriter and Compliance Specialist include:
Qualifications of the Captive Underwriter and Compliance Specialist include:
- Timely and accurate gathering of new member information for proper indication and quoting for group captives
- Timely and accurate coordination with markets for group captives and members for ongoing maintenance
- Effective communication with clients and other service providers to ensure the captive insurance entities remain compliant and servicing is meeting expectations
- Facilitate and manage underwriting committees for captives under management
- Spearhead the onboarding process for new captives' policy creation
- Participate in the renewal process with the carrier, members, CEs and other service providers as needed
- Maintain listing of all captive policies by client
- Strong time management skills demonstrated by an ability to manage a portfolio of captive clients with multiple members with competing deadlines
Contemporary Staffing Solutions (CSS) has been a leading provider of contract, temporary, temporary-hire & direct hire solutions. We began as a staffing agency and evolved to a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Accounting & Finance, Call Center & Office, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, & Information Technology. To learn more about CSS, visit our website: www.ContemporaryStaffing.com.
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 3+ years of relevant captive insurance writing experience. Successful and relevant experience may offset education/experience requirement
- Desire to develop skills and abilities in order to advance personal career and the firm.
- Ability to consider multiple data sources and draw relevant conclusions.
- Ability to notice inconsistences and errors in work product and documents.
- Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right, not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Able to present quotations, reports and other documents to captive members effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to travel on an infrequent basis and interact with insureds, reinsurers and agents during conventions, meetings and audits
- Proficiency with Word. PowerPoint and Excel
- Five to seven years of insurance experience preferably in captive insurance underwriting