Scrum Master #101883
A highly skilled technical job-seeker with Agile and project management experience is needed for a Scrum Master position in West Chester, PA. As the Scrum Master, you will be responsible for driving technology projects and delivering beneficial, appropriate project outcomes while ensuring the work stays on track and moves through obstacles, impediments.
Responsibilities of the Scrum Master include:
- Facilitating/leading the full cycle of scrum activities for the scrum team, forecasting the number of deliverables possible in all iterations and delivering reliable and practicable plans for all software development projects.
- Resolving all ambiguity for sprints and facilitate the team for better creativity.
- Ensuring compliance and coach teams to produce required SDLC and related governing documentation.
- Facilitating efficient daily coordination of Product Owners and Development teams.
- Overseeing technical vendor selection and performance, based on work/scope, monitors expense status and impact on project, directly or through management of project/ work stream.
- Bringing visibility to the team on business goals and bringing visibility to the business on scrum team’s deliverables and challenges, whilst maintaining team’s velocity.
- Confirming highest priority stories have been fully groomed and ready for sprint planning.
- Addressing competing priorities for resources.
- Capturing team members’ capacity for upcoming sprint (full Resource Management).
- Facilitating the sprint planning session, preparing tools/resources for planning, and confirming workshops sessions/ ceremonies for the upcoming Sprint are scheduled.
- Loading the physical task board for the team.
- Updating the backlog and or tool with tasks and commitments.
- Complete and share the teams Sprint commitment report.
- Capture end of day metrics and prepare Burn Down and Burn Up charts for Daily stand-up.
- Capture and track/ remove impediments, risks and dependencies until resolution.
- Analyze and selecting between diverse and complex options.
- Smoothing iteration estimates to account for potential learning curve (team development/ strengths).
- Prepare draft of sprint report for use during the sprint review.
- Facilitating sprint review session and the sprint demo.
- Finalizing the sprint report based on the demo and Product Owner acceptance and distributing the sprint report.
- Facilitating the teams Retrospective.
- Updating the team improvement backlog with commitments for the retrospective
- Updating the current releases release plan based on completed stories and changes from the sprint.
- Reviewing the backlog depth writhe Product Owner in preparation for future releases planning activities.
- Scheduling and facilitating Release Planning session for future releases based on the teams’ cadence.
Requirements of the Scrum Master:
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in the tech field with at least years of relevant Agile/project management experience
- Agile Scrum Master, CSM/ PSM Certification preferred
- Experience managing complex projects
- Adaptable with great problem-solving and multitasking skills
- Strong leader who can coach a team and efficiently run meetings
- Effective communication skills
- Experience driving/leading technology projects via agile methodology and frameworks ; Scrum, Kanban, XP etc
- Knowledge of embedded SDLC processes
- Proficiency/experience with Agile processes (story sizing, backlog management), Agile project management tools (JIRA, Version One or Rally), Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), and Agile techniques (User stories, Continuous integration, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Testing, Pair Programming, Automated Testing, Agile Games)
- Value proposition; knowledge of procedures used to demonstrate the ROI of the solution
- Knowledge of the basic fundamentals of iterative and incremental development
- Previous Scrum master experience for a software development team
CSS Tec is a business unit of Contemporary Staffing Solutions and a company that exudes unwavering results with urgency, honesty, and integrity. CSS Tec has been a leading provider of contract, contract-hire & direct hire solutions while also offering Project Management and implementations of Salesforce solutions. CSS Tec prides itself on internal retention, with the average recruiter’s tenure exceeding 5 years and some recruiters exceeding 15. CSS Tec is established in the Philadelphia Metro area & has a strong brand, incredible reach, & access to both active & passive candidates through well-established networks in the Greater Philadelphia area & nationally. Originally a staffing agency, we have evolved into a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Information Technology &Salesforce. We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. We operate with pro-active pipelines, with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented work flow, and with real cross training. The CSS Tec team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!
CSS works with our clients and candidates to communicate the opportunity being extended along with the experience required and approved by the client. In turn, the compensation is based on experience and the decision to extend an offer at a specific amount is determined by the hiring company, not CSS. We value the opportunity to represent you and are legally obligated does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.