Python Developer #101305
A professional and friendly job-seeker is needed for a Python Developer position in Philadelphia, PA!
Responsibilities of the Python Developer include:
- Writing SAS/Python code based on functional specification and technical design.
- Adhering to architectural standards and developing designs that consider impact with other aspects of the database and appropriately leverage existing code.
- Driving optimal solution design collaborating with architects and cross-functional teams.
- Analyzing and resolving production problems, assessing alternatives as appropriate and implementing long-term solutions.
- Evaluating and interpreting requirements to design, develop and implement appropriate solutions.
- Performing code reviews, identifying potential issues to reduce technical debt, and providing coding best practice recommendations.
- Building and automating repeatable processes to efficiently deploy rate updates into existing rating engine.
- Taking ownership of tasks and delivering with limited supervision while using own discretion to seek help when necessary.
- Collaborating with members of other teams throughout the delivery product.
- Bachelor's/Master's in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum 1 year' experience in a developer or analyst role
- Proficiency in a programming language (Python, SAS, R)
- Strong T-SQL skills with knowledge of database design, objects, and query tuning
- Understanding data sources, elements and relationships in both business and technical terms
- Critical thinker with the ability to solve problems independently
- A desire to build tools and applications to automate work
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Experience with Agile/Scrum and TDD/BDD desired
CSS Tec is a business unit of Contemporary Staffing Solutions and a company that exudes unwavering results with urgency, honesty, and integrity. CSS Tec has been a leading provider of contract, contract-hire & direct hire solutions while also offering Project Management and implementations of Salesforce solutions. CSS Tec prides itself on internal retention, with the average recruiter’s tenure exceeding 5 years and some recruiters exceeding 15. CSS Tec is established in the Philadelphia Metro area & has a strong brand, incredible reach, & access to both active & passive candidates through well-established networks in the Greater Philadelphia area & nationally. Originally a staffing agency, we have evolved into a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Information Technology &Salesforce. We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. We operate with pro-active pipelines, with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented work flow, and with real cross training. The CSS Tec team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!
CSS works with our clients and candidates to communicate the opportunity being extended along with the experience required and approved by the client. In turn, the compensation is based on experience and the decision to extend an offer at a specific amount is determined by the hiring company, not CSS. We value the opportunity to represent you and are legally obligated does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.