Senior BI Developer #101716
Senior BI Developer
A highly-knowledgeable technical job-seeker is needed for a Direct-Hire Senior BI Developer position in Phoenix, AZ!
Responsibilities of the Senior BI Developer include:
- Proactively identifying and communicating scope, design, development issues and recommending potential solutions
- Delegating tasks to team members, ensuring all deadlines are met, addressing and resolving escalated issues.
- Designing data architecture and engineering structures necessary to support Business Intelligence (BI) initiatives
- Assisting in preparing detailed specifications for database proposals that will be used to design, code, test, debug, document, and maintain database entities.
- Developing Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) processes to acquire & load data from internal and external sources.
- Transforming complex requirements into impactful dashboards and identifying, recommending, and implementing solutions to automate reporting processes.
- Providing guidance to other team members regarding BI reporting standards and best practices.
- Acting as a project manager for data/analysis/reporting projects that cross organizational lines.
- Developing detail design documents, data structure diagrams and ensuring that data are generated and logged accurately and meet reporting requirements.
- Maintaining an effective system of internal control within the scope of assigned job responsibilities.
Perks of Working with Our Client Company (for full-time employees):
- COMPANY PAID Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life coverage
- 401(k) savings plan with company contribution
- Generous Paid Time Off, Holidays, and Sick time
- Tuition Assistance and Employee assistance program
- Employee Resource Groups that celebrate diversity
- Annual employee recognition events
- Team building events and employee recognition programs
- And more! #LI-JK1
Requirements of the Senior BI Developer:
- BS in Information Technology, Business Administration and seven years of experience as a Business Intelligence Developer, or a combination of education and experience.
- 5 years of experience with Microsoft SQL with SSAS and SSRS exposures
- Knowledge of analytical tools such as Microsoft Power BI and Tableau
- Demonstrated understanding of data warehouse architecture and experience in data modeling. Being able to create impactful reports, visualizations, and interactive dashboards
- Experience with performance tuning techniques such as indexing, query optimization and analyzing query execution plans.
- Ability to analyze data requirements to help users address strategic issues and achieve performance targets.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills, conceptual thinking and analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Skill in identifying problems and recommending solutions.
- Experience implementing and delivering solutions with Big Data platforms like Hadoop preferred
- Experience in Python development (machine learning and AI) preferred
- Work experience with multiple database platforms and BI delivery solutions preferred
CSS Tec is a business unit of Contemporary Staffing Solutions and a company that exudes unwavering results with urgency, honesty, and integrity. CSS Tec has been a leading provider of contract, contract-hire & direct hire solutions while also offering Project Management and implementations of Salesforce solutions. CSS Tec prides itself on internal retention, with the average recruiter’s tenure exceeding 5 years and some recruiters exceeding 15. CSS Tec is established in the Philadelphia Metro area & has a strong brand, incredible reach, & access to both active & passive candidates through well-established networks in the Greater Philadelphia area & nationally. Originally a staffing agency, we have evolved into a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Information Technology &Salesforce. We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. We operate with pro-active pipelines, with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented work flow, and with real cross training. The CSS Tec team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!
CSS works with our clients and candidates to communicate the opportunity being extended along with the experience required and approved by the client. In turn, the compensation is based on experience and the decision to extend an offer at a specific amount is determined by the hiring company, not CSS. We value the opportunity to represent you and are legally obligated does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.