Sr SWE Backend - Web #103787
Sr SWE Backend - Web
A Sr SWE Backend Developer is needed for a contract position in Allentown, PA.
- Use object-oriented languages like Java, Clojure, Scala, etc to build and maintain systems.
- Build efficient, scalable, reusable back-end services and RESTful APIs to power our Web applications
- Refactor existing systems to meet business needs. Familiarity with various development tools and IDEs that will help in delivering world-class software
- Design web-based / systems that support the company's architecture. Systems should be able to scale with the growth in business and provide accurate functionality to our customers. This requires demonstrated skills in building systems that are testable
- Experience with Data Structures and Data Modeling and use of Relational Databases (like Oracle, Postgres) to realize the data models
- Experience working with REST Apis or equivalent to understand, design and build service-oriented architecture.
- Work with Project Management and other developers to understand design requirements and provide estimates for development
- Stay current with the latest back-end technologies and best practices and share your findings with the team
- Help evolve our back-end stack and mentor our other developers when it comes to patterns and best practices.
- Work as part of an agile team across a variety of application domains
- Troubleshooting issues with existing architecture and code
- Strong focus on designing and implementing testable code, as well as fanatical about automated test coverage at all levels of the testing pyramid.
- Ability to contribute to each step of the product development process (ideation, implementation, and release)
- Excel with agile development methodologies like XP and Scrum
- Work with UX designers and product managers to realize prototyped solutions of requirements into functional software and A/B test solutions.
- Experience with play/spring boot or other modern java frameworks
- Experience with Java App Server technology (i.e. Tomcat)
- Experience with containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
- Basic understanding of HTML, CSS, and responsive design
- Passion for designing and implementing good REST APIs
- 5+ years of back-end development experience and a bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Familiar with cloud infrastructures such as AWS
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment; continuous deployment, test-driven development, agile methodologies.
- Experience building robust, highly available, and scalable web services
- Experience building consumer-facing products and a passion for using technology to improve the lives of our customers
CSS Tec offers a range of IT professionals skilled in these roles: Salesforce Consulting/Administration, Project Managers, Scrum Masters, Cloud Architect, Developers (.NET & JAVA & Full Stack) Business Analysts, QAs, System Administrators, Network Engineers, Help Desk Agents, and Desktop Support Analysts. We specialize in Contract, Contract-to-Hire, Direct-Hire, and Project-based positions staffing nationally in the IT space. CSS helps organizations execute on key initiatives by delivering critical enterprise resources to complete projects, gain operational efficiencies, and drive customer success for our clients.
CSS works with our clients and candidates to communicate the opportunity being extended along with the experience required and approved by the client. In turn, the compensation is based on experience and the decision to extend an offer at a specific amount is determined by the hiring company, not CSS. We value the opportunity to represent you and are legally obligated does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.