Fortinet Firewall Engineer #108026
Fortinet Firewall Engineer:
Our client is an IT solutions provider offering a full range of networking and technology solutions including Network Infrastructure, Data Center/Server/Storage solutions, Security Technologies, Unified Communications, Managed Services, Cloud Solutions, and Technical Services. We hold strategic alliance partnerships with industry leading OEMs such as Cisco, Cisco Meraki, HP Enterprise, HPE/Aruba Networking, HP, Inc., Fortinet, VMware, Ruckus, Barracuda Networks, BlackBerry, APC, Axis, ESET, Lenovo, Microsoft, StorageCraft, Veeam, and more.
Our client is seeking a Sr. Fortinet Firewall Engineer. The Sr. Fortinet Firewall Engineer will be responsible for the planning, architecting, designing, engineering, implementation, and support of client’s firewall solutions.
- Serve as Technical Leads/SME for Fortinet Firewall offerings
- Initiate, plan, and execute firewall projects in their areas of responsibilities
- Be strategic/visionary in planning, managing, and maintaining systems in their areas of responsibilities through their System Development Life Cycle
- Be liaison/interface between the internal delivery team and the customer in subject matters of their areas on responsibilities.
- Able to assume full responsibilities of their areas of responsibilities immediately requiring significant experience building from scratch, supporting, and troubleshooting systems under their responsibilities)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gathering requirements, planning, proposing, and executing system deployment projects to successful closure.
- Gap assessment and analysis of security solutions and recommendation of improvement initiatives.
- Architecture, design, and implementation of scalable, redundant, and reliable firewall solutions.
- Security hardening firewall configurations.
- Configuration management and control of architectural/design/functional configuration changes to firewalls.
- Firewall brake-fix troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and support.
- Firewall patch/upgrade monitoring, reviews, maintenance scheduling and deployment.
- Management of firewall operational and security audits logs.
- Definition, development, and configuration of firewall security and operational alerts, dashboards, and reporting.
- Monitoring firewall operational and security alerts and dashboards.
- Defining, implementing, and monitoring process/procedures for maintaining the lifecycle firewall policies and rules.
- Provide firewall log correlation support for emerging and retroactive security incident investigations.
- Support the integration with other security tools such IDS/IPS, SIEM, NACs, VPN etc.
- Define requirements and develop roles-based Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs) documents.
- At least 8+ years of hands-on experience in Network Engineering/Architecture.
- At least five (5) years of progressive hands-on experience in architecture, design, implementation, support of Fortinet firewall technologies.
- Senior level experience with Fortinet VDOMS and ADOMS, Fortianalyzer, FortiManager, and a good understanding of Routing (BGP, MPLS-VRFs) and switching
- Expert in multi-vendor firewall administration
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related scientific or technical discipline.
- Fortinet and other applicable industry certifications ideal