Mortgage DE Underwriter (Remote) - #104042
Location : Remote
Job Type : Direct
Compensation : 85000.00 - 95000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 06/01/2020
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
DE Underwriter - Wholesale
Multiple job-seekers are needed for a remote position as a DE Underwriter (Wholesale). As the DE Underwriter, you will primarily be responsible for underwriting residential loans for the Wholesale department and ensuring compliance with appropriate standards and laws. This is a direct-hire position with a starting salary of $85/k!
Responsibilities of the DE Underwriter Include:
- Examining loan documentation for accuracy and completeness.
- Underwriting FHA loans to verify for completeness, accuracy, and compliance.
- Developing and maintaining an up to date and sound knowledge of multiple loan product guidelines offered by the company.
- Reworking loans to new terms and identifying additional conditions as needed to ensure a viable credit decision.
- Reviewing and evaluating borrowers' profile including all income documentation, tax returns, credit reports, preliminary report, judgments, bankruptcy documents & appraisals.
- Analyzing and calculating income documentation such as personal and business income statements and ensuring all necessary documentation is requested.
Required Qualifications :
Requirements of the DE Underwriter Include:
- DE Certification Required
- Minimum 5 years of current frontline mortgage DE Underwriting required
- High School Diploma/GED
- Experience with repurchase response, rebuttal review, and/or response preparation.
- Understanding of TRID, RESPA, and Predatory Lending
- Strong analytical and decision making skills.
- Possess a strong attention to detail while balancing a high-volume workload.
- Proficiency in LOS systems and Microsoft Office.
Contemporary Staffing Solutions (CSS) has been a leading provider of contract, temporary, temporary-hire & direct hire solutions. Originally a staffing agency, we have evolved into a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Accounting & Finance, Call Center & Office, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Information Technology, and Salesforce. We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. We operate with pro-active pipelines, with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented workflow, and with real cross-training. The CSS team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!