Network Engineer #101799
A job-seeker is needed for a Network Engineer position in Newtown Square, PA!
Responsibilities of the Network Engineer include:
- Building, testing, and implementing infrastructure, including network, server, storage, and software solutions, in accordance with the best practices and technology direction of "client".
- Creating/maintaining documentation related to existing technology architecture, problem resolution, and process/procedures.
- Performing system monitoring, verifying the availability of hardware, hypervisor, server, and storage resources.
- Completing Infrastructure Project work as assigned.
- Leading disaster recovery effort including related planning and ongoing administration to define appropriate policies and procedures.
- Providing leadership for network and systems administration, support, and enhancement of existing and new infrastructure solutions.
- Partnering with internal IT staff and vendors to determine resolution to system failures, providing a root cause analysis, and recommend action plan for the future.
- Designing and implementing on premise, cloud, and hybrid infrastructure solutions for a variety of internal and external facing applications.
Requirements of the Network Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science preferred (equivalent experience may be considered)
- 5+ years of experience in network and server administration.
- Deep expertise in at least one of the following technologies - VMWare ESX v6.x, vSAN, Pure Storage, Rubrik, Cisco ASA/NGFW, BIG-IP F5.
- Proficiency in Windows or Linux administration
- Deep expertise in at least one of the following Microsoft technologies – Active Directory/AAD, DNS/DHCP/IPAM, SCCM/SCOM, Azure, Office 365
- Experience with automation and scripting associated with server deployment and configuration management. Expertise in at least one administrative scripting language, preferably PowerShell or JSON.
- Experience with Azure cloud environments and solutions preferred. Equivalent AWS experience with willingness to work in Azure environment will be considered.
- Experience with Azure Resource Manager and ARM template creation
- Experience with the design, management, and maintenance of LAN and WAN Technologies.
- Experience working in a hosted environment or service provider environment
- Knowledge of ITIL standards, including Change and Problem management
- Ability to troubleshoot and support web applications (IIS, .NET, SSL).
- Deep understanding of network, server, and storage concepts. TCP/IP, load balancing, virtualization, SMB/CIFS, Datacenter design principles, and Cloud computing
- Experience working with infrastructure and application monitoring systems (Solarwinds, Nagios, etc.)
- Network configuration and troubleshooting experience (TCP/IP, routing, SNMP, VPN, VLAN, Wireless)
- Knowledge and/or experience with patch management.
- Troubleshoot and support Line of Business and BackOffice products and solutions.
- Ability to understand and analyze complex issues and information relating to database management.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and multitasking skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skill
- Project management experience desired
- Can travel (domestic/international) as needed
CSS Tec is a business unit of Contemporary Staffing Solutions and a company that exudes unwavering results with urgency, honesty, and integrity. CSS Tec has been a leading provider of contract, contract-hire & direct hire solutions while also offering Project Management and implementations of Salesforce solutions. CSS Tec prides itself on internal retention, with the average recruiter’s tenure exceeding 5 years and some recruiters exceeding 15. CSS Tec is established in the Philadelphia Metro area & has a strong brand, incredible reach, & access to both active & passive candidates through well-established networks in the Greater Philadelphia area & nationally. Originally a staffing agency, we have evolved into a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Information Technology &Salesforce. We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. We operate with pro-active pipelines, with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented work flow, and with real cross training. The CSS Tec team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!
CSS works with our clients and candidates to communicate the opportunity being extended along with the experience required and approved by the client. In turn, the compensation is based on experience and the decision to extend an offer at a specific amount is determined by the hiring company, not CSS. We value the opportunity to represent you and are legally obligated does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.