Payroll Lead - #107235
Seeking an experienced Payroll Lead to join our Client in Bryn Mawr, PA! As the Payroll Lead you will be responsible primarily for leading the daily operations of the assigned segment of payroll including the accurate entry of the Company’s weekly and biweekly payroll. This direct hire opportunity offers $70-81k/year!
- Acting as a subject matter expert for payroll questions and issues.
- Responding to questions and issues, providing information and developing win-win solutions as needed.
- Reviewing and approving special payments and paychecks.
- Maintaining awareness of tax rules and regulations governing payrolls in the states where the company operates.
- Reviewing tax rules, identifies updates and implements the appropriate changes as needed to ensure payroll compliance.
- Updating, maintaining and documenting payroll processes and policies to ensure efficient payroll operations.
- Suggesting process recommendations and implements approved process, procedure and automation changes to improve cost effectiveness and efficiency.
- Acting as the business lead on assigned payroll and benefit audits.
- Developing and running audit reports as needed to monitor the payroll. Ensuring identified key internal controls associated with payroll are followed during the payroll process.
- Reviewing and approving the payroll liabilities including the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, employers’ social security payments, unemployment, workers compensation payments and garnishments.
- Leading the recording and withholding of all mandatory and voluntary payroll deductions.
- Designing, developing, generating and reviewing payroll reports required by local, state, and federal regulations.
- Generating monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required by the U.S. wage tax jurisdictions.
- Preparing and submitting the monthly labor operating reports required by the finance and operations teams to monitor capital and expense transaction activities.
- Creating ad hoc reports for senior management using the appropriate systems, e.g., excess overtime and other labor expenses.
- Reconciling the payroll system totals to the general ledger balances.
- Participating as a payroll representative on systems elevations.
- Working closely on payroll feeds from the HRIS system as well as feeds to benefits vendors and internal systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting or a related field
- Minimum 5 years payroll operational experience in a lead role preferably in a multi-state and union environment
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred
- Familiarity with at least one payroll software system
- Expertise in wage and hour regulations and tax laws
- Ability to work well under daily payroll deadline pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Contemporary Staffing Solutions (CSS) has been a leading provider of contract, temporary, temporary-hire & direct hire solutions. Originally a staffing agency, we have evolved into a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Accounting & Finance, Call Center & Office, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Information Technology, and Salesforce. We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. We operate with pro-active pipelines, with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented workflow, and with real cross-training. The CSS team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!