HR Assistant #112052
Location : Philadelphia, PA
Job Type : Direct
Compensation : 41192.55 - 47685.53 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 04/03/2023
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3 years
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
An experienced HR professional is needed for an HR Assistant role in Philadelphia, PA! As the HR Assistant, you will primarily be responsible for administrative secretarial support in HR. This Direct-Hire role starts at $42K annually!
Responsibilities of the HR Assistant include:
- Provides administrative support to the Director of Human Resources and HR staff as assigned. Receives, date stamps and distributes incoming mail and inter-office material; routes outgoing mail and inter-office communications appropriately; photocopy/scans documents as needed. Using word processing system, types routine correspondence; drafts, correspondence, memos, job descriptions, job opening announcements, etc.
- Greets visitors to the department and answers department's phones in a pleasant, courteous and professional manner. Handles routine inquiries related to attendance, benefits and other general Human Resources information. Uses tact, judgment, and discretion in answering questions. Refers questions to other HR staff as appropriate.
- Orders flowers/fruit baskets for employees as needed.
- Completes check requests and purchase orders for department billing in timely manner. Maintains scanned files for submitted check requests.
- Logs all incoming PAR’s and job requisitions on an Excel spreadsheet.
- Enters resumes in PeopleSoft Applicant Tracking System and sends resumes received and rejected letters to applicants.
- Schedules interviews for selected applicants – telephone screens for basic requirements –salary, availability of car, willingness to relocate (if appropriate) etc.
- Responsible for adding and canceling of security ID badges.
- Assists in testing and interviewing of secretarial and clerical applicants and other nonprofessional applicants. Completes Interview Analysis and Hiring Flow Sheets and recommends for 2nd interview by department.
- Takes employee photos for ID badges. Imprints replacement ID badges. Uploads employees’ photos into HRIS system. Maintains photo ID equipment.
- Performs online criminal background and driver’s license checks for applicants as appropriate. Completes driver’s license check for appropriate employees at annual evaluation.
- Performs online transcript requests and professional license checks.
- Posts information and files onto HR Info i-net page. Maintains all HR i-net pages and ensures information is current.
- Provides administrative support as needed for HR meetings & trainings. Schedules employees, enters training data into PeopleSoft HRIS
- Uses spreadsheet and related software to create or display information on reports, graphs, charts, etc. Performs basic mathematical calculations as appropriate. Creates forms and templates as needed.
- Maintains and updates Employee Handbook and New Employee Presentation (PowerPoint) in regards to changes, revisions and new HR policies and procedures. Maintains and updates HRIS, Personnel System Attendance and Personnel Information manuals.
- Performs functions of HR/HRIS Assistant in his/her absence – enters personnel data in PS HRIS, updates and provides HRIS information as reports are needed.
- Other general administrative duties as assigned
Required Qualifications :
Qualifications of the HR Assistant include:
- 2 years business school or college or the equivalent work experience and education.
- Three years relevant administrative experience, typing speed of 60 wpm, proven grammatical skills.
- Excellent human relation skills required.
- Working knowledge including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and HRIS (preference)
- Knowledge of general office procedures.
Contemporary Staffing Solutions (CSS) has been a leading provider of contract, temporary, temporary-hire & direct hire solutions. Originally a staffing agency, we have evolved into a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Accounting & Finance, Call Center & Office, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Information Technology, and Salesforce. We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. We operate with pro-active pipelines, with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented work flow, and with real cross training. The CSS team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!