HR Manager #112054
Location : Remote in Philadelphia, PA
Job Type : Direct
Compensation : 90000.00 - 110000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 04/03/2023
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 8-10 years
Required Education : Bachelor's degree and certification
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Human Resources Manager
An HR professional is needed for our client in Philadelphia, PA! As the HR Manager, you will primarily be responsible for tending to all aspects of HR and Talent in support of organizational excellence and strategy, helping to build a mission- and values-aligned organizational climate and culture. This opportunity is offering a salary range of $90,000-$110,000 based on experience!
Responsibilities of the HR Manager include:
- Manage recruitment, hiring, and new employee orientation and onboarding processes, as well as workforce planning and management (monitor staff utilization and workflow to determine when adjustments to headcount are appropriate; formulate and share recommendations with COO).
- Oversee the Human Resources and Accounts Payable Administrator (HR/AP Administrator) in implementing the administrative aspects of onboarding in compliance with applicable state/federal laws (e.g., background checks, creation and maintenance of employee and recruiting and hiring files).
- Facilitate efforts to build a diverse, equitable, and inclusive staff; set metrics, monitor, and report on performance, and recommend refinements as necessary.
- Design, communicate, and implement employee engagement processes, which may include surveys, work groups, and other organizational activities.
- Manage the company’s performance goals and performance review process.
- Coach supervisors and staff, as necessary, on providing timely and meaningful “in-the-moment” feedback—during check-in sessions, and during performance review conversations.
- Design and deliver annual required staff trainings (management training, harassment, etc.) in line with organizational strategy.
- Identify and manage external consultants retained to provide learning and professional development services.
- Develop and execute skills-mapping process in line with project and business line needs.
- Work with new staff to assess their skills in relation to organizational needs.
- Review (in conjunction with COO) annual benefit carrier rate proposals, and work with broker to select benefits within budget.
- Manage annual benefit enrollment, as well as benefit maintenance, in conjunction with broker, with the goal of a desirable menu of benefits to offer to employees.
- Manage the HR/AP Administrator to ensure that the company is operating in accordance with national and state HR laws and regulations adhering to state, local, and federal record retention policies.
- Manage the HR/AP Administrator to provide all human resources aspects of the annual financial audit (personnel files, adequate documentation of procedures in place, and payroll records, among other requested items).
- Maintain human resources policy and procedure documents, including handbooks, manuals, and updates for compliance with federal, state, and local regulations (with external HR consultant and/or legal counsel).
- Assist COO in compiling annual Human Resources and Talent budget.
Required Qualifications :
Qualifications of the HR Manager include:
- 8–10 years working in a philanthropy, nonprofit organization, professional services firm, or higher education institution in the role of human resources manager, director of talent and people, or senior HR leader.
- 8–10 years managing human resources programs and services for an organization operating in multiple states to align with organizational culture, comply with federal and state laws and regulations, and achieve organizational goals.
- Expertise in recruiting and onboarding.
- Experience executing and refining performance management systems in a matrixed, remote environment.
- Supervisory experience with direct oversight of 1–2 employees.
- Bachelor’s degree and SHRM or HRCI certification preferred.