Sr SWE - Search #103783
Software Engineer – Search
You are a backend developer who performs complex research, design, and software development assignments within a software functional area or product line, and provides direct input to project plans, schedules, and methodology in the development of cross functional software products focused on Search and Data. This position mentors junior members of the team; talks to users/customers/internal stakeholders and works with team members to translate their requests into solutions.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deep experience in developing semantic search platforms.
- Interface with other technical personnel or team members to understand and finalize complex requirements, wireframes, design and architecture and deliver robust cloud-based solutions that drive powerful experiences to our customer.
- Demonstrate understanding of PCI and HIPPA compliance requirements and ability to design and develop solutions that conform to those requirements.
- Demonstrate understanding of application architecture and infrastructure as they relate to service delivery including availability and performance and accessibility.
- Implementation of proper data protection and storage, secure and performant solutions that adhere to defined standards.
- Share your passion for staying on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, participating in internal & external technology communities, mentoring other members of the engineering team in addition to coding and evaluating code.
- Create thorough documentation for all code and libraries generated that adheres to documentation principles agreed upon by the entire development team.
- Troubleshoots and debugs code developed by themselves as well as other developers
- Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews and TDD/BDD.
- Operate in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Train entry-level software engineers as directed by department management, ensuring they are knowledgeable in critical aspects of their roles.
- Work with cloud native stack, build on AWS/Azure, use technologies like Kubernetes/Dockers, CI/CD.
- Mentor less-senior software developers on development methodologies and optimization techniques.
- Keep abreast of new technology developments.
- All other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s in computer science, information systems, engineering or equivalent required.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- 8+ years of Backend Software Development experience focused on architecting and building/deploying highly performant, scalable and secure Semantic Search Platforms on cloud.
- Excellent Knowledge of ElasticSearch/Lucene/Solr
- Knowledge of vector space models, text classification, categorization, Facets and Taxonomy and Geolocation
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and or Microsoft Azure services
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Kafka/Kinesis, Spark and other AWS/Azure services desirable
- Healthcare experience desirable
- Familiarity with MS Office Products desirable
- Experience in Databases (RDBMS JDBC, NoSQL/Graph database), In memory Databases (Redis) etc.
- Experience in Agile practices (Scrum/Kanban), JIRA, Confluence, Github/Bitbucket
- Experience with best practices for implementations using Agile framework