Automation Test Engineer #102117
Automation Test Engineer
A candidate with expertise in designing and architecting robust and scalable test automation frameworks is needed for this Automation Test Engineer position in King of Prussia, PA.
Responsibilities of the Automation Test Engineer include:
- Design, develop and execute test automation suite for one or more products
- Design, develop and maintain new and existing test automation frameworks
- Contributing to the reduction of technical debt, as well as improving process efficiency by innovative ways or by bringing alignment with industry standards
- Strategize, plan and estimate the assigned work, and provide periodic status reports on project milestones
- Develop the test strategy/analysis, and define the configuration of test environments to facilitate the testing needs
- Troubleshooting technical issues to identify root cause and corrective improvements and provide technical knowledge and assistance to other engineers
- Support the project team in all testing efforts as well as support the Test Architect/Lead in championing the best practices
- Reporting directly to the hiring manager and working on a team of 4.
- Grow and explore newer technology in testing as well as develop innovative thinking to meet future customers’ needs
- Build a quality product by solving challenging problems and creating robust solutions for test automation
- Work for a company that’s a recognized leader in comprehensive, integrated tax technology solutions
- Be involved in the fast-growing environment
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years in testing in large scale applications and web services and 3+ years in developing and maintaining test automation suites and frameworks
- Hands-on experience designing and building low-maintenance, robust and scalable automation frameworks
- Hands-on experience in Windows UI test automation using Unified Functional Test (UFT) or similar test automation tool
- Advanced knowledge of one or more of the following programming languages: Java, Python or VB script
- Experience collaborating within the testing team as well as with cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication, sharp analytical abilities, and proven design skills
- Experience working with configuration management tools and repository like Github preferred
- Experience testing mainframe applications and environments preferred
- Good working knowledge with a variety of databases like MS SQL, Oracle, DB2, MySQL, Flat File, MongoDB preferred
- Experience with Waterfall or Agile/Scrum methodologies preferred
- Experience in creating dashboards and testing metrics for test coverage, release status etc. preferred
- Experience with testing in virtual environments as well as cloud environments preferred
- Ability to drive higher quality by assessing end-user impact of issues and thereby influencing key product decisions preferred
- Ability to lead multiple small to medium size projects and drive them to completion preferred
CSS Tec is a business unit of Contemporary Staffing Solutions and a company that exudes unwavering results with urgency, honesty, and integrity. CSS Tec has been a leading provider of contract, contract-hire & direct hire solutions while also offering Project Management and implementations of Salesforce solutions. CSS Tec prides itself on internal retention, with the average recruiter’s tenure exceeding 5 years and some recruiters exceeding 15. CSS Tec is established in the Philadelphia Metro area & has a strong brand, incredible reach, & access to both active & passive candidates through well-established networks in the Greater Philadelphia area & nationally. Originally a staffing agency, we have evolved into a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Information Technology &Salesforce. We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. We operate with pro-active pipelines, with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented work flow, and with real cross training. The CSS Tec team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!
CSS works with our clients and candidates to communicate the opportunity being extended along with the experience required and approved by the client. In turn, the compensation is based on experience and the decision to extend an offer at a specific amount is determined by the hiring company, not CSS. We value the opportunity to represent you and are legally obligated does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.