Business Analyst #107274
Our client is looking for a team oriented, collaborative Business Analyst to add to the team!
The ideal candidate will thrive in the following:
1. Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication, as well as listening, presentation and interpersonal skills.
2. Team-oriented: Ability to collaborate with stakeholders to manage backlogs and achieve business goals.
3. Time Management and Prioritization: Ability to work multiple simultaneous projects, and change priorities as directed.
4. Ability to quickly learn new business domains, processes and terminology.
5. Strive to reflect our five cultural values in all efforts: Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative, and Do the Right Thing.
The Business Analyst (BA) will act as an intermediary between the business community and the technical community, working with IT project teams and business stakeholders to collect, clarify, and document business requirements (using appropriate tools and models) from which applications and solutions are developed.
1. Work with product owners and project managers to support assigned projects, as well as daily hot-fixes, system maintenance, and change management requests. Convert Service Desk tickets to User Stories and assist in managing the software development backlog.
2. Elicit needs from stakeholders. Develop a clear set of requirements that are complete and understood by development resources and business stakeholders. Document the solution scope in User Stories that include objectives, business value and detailed acceptance criteria.
3. Consult with subject matter experts and technical resources to understand feasibility of requests and solutions, add technical detail to stories, and communicate level-of-effort.
4. Create business process diagrams and prototype mockups to communicate and gain consensus on proposed future state, workflows and user experience.
5. Collaborate with stakeholders to consider both technical and non-technical solutions. Recommend and negotiate solutions that are in alignment with enterprise constraints such as time, budget, level-of-effort, resource availability, and project priorities.
6. Develop expertise and understanding of The Institutes’ systems and capabilities to effectively communicate business requirements to any audience within the enterprise.
7. Act as a day-to-day partner with the development teams. Unblock developers by obtaining clarification and approval from stakeholders. Ensure the team understands and delivers the requested business value.
8. Develop user documentation and conduct demos, walkthroughs and training as needed.
9. Proactively communicate with stakeholders and business units, both verbally and in formal written communications, to maintain transparency and keep stakeholders informed.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Technical Skills Required:
1. Minimum two years in a Business Analyst role.
2. Four-year college diploma or university degree.
3. Agile/Scrum Experience a plus.
4. Project leadership and/or Scrum Master experience a plus.
Contemporary Staffing Solutions (CSS) is a company that exudes unwavering results with urgency, honesty, and integrity. CSS has been a leading provider of contract, temporary, and direct hire solutions. Nationally supporting Salesforce Projects & Managed Services and staffing solutions with a focus in Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Information Technology, Salesforce, and Call Center & Office. Everyone at CSS operates with pro-active pipelines, the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, and a team-oriented workflow with real cross-training. The CSS team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can timely deliver solutions to meet your expectations. Our testimonials on our website tell the story from our clients and candidates—check them out!