Case Coordinator #102210
- Maintaining a working knowledge of TANF and the PA Department of Public Welfare regulations.
- Ensuring effective, accurate and coordinated communications with County Assistance Office liaison.
- Networking and establishing working relationships with appropriate personnel at Community Agencies, Mental Health and Drug and Alcohol Organizations and other agencies as needed.
- Preparing periodic written reports, both statistical and narrative. Completing case notes within a timely manner.
- Participating in supervisory meetings, unit meetings and division meetings on an ongoing basis
- Participating in contract compliance and achievement of program goals.
- Participating in additional programmatic and agency-wide activities as assigned.
- Participating in program and Workforce Initiative Unit Total Quality Management Implementation.
Perks of Working with Our Client Company (for full-time employees):
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401K plan with company match
- Casual dress code
- Free snacks and drinks
- And more!
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of human service/case management experience necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and collaborate with a variety of customers in the Welfare to Work Industry.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (especially MS Word and Excel). Willingness to learn specific database.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule.
- Car preferred. Extensive inner city travel required.
- Ability to organize multiple tasks in a timely manner
- Adhere to Code of Conduct