Data Architect #101988
A Data Architect with experience in Cloud Architecture is needed for a Direct-Hire position in West Chester, PA. As the Data Architect, you will be responsible building and contributing to our client's technology strategy, processes, and information technology roadmap while focusing on cloud technology.
Responsibilities of the Data Architect include:
- Leading planning efforts for the future state architecture across domains for the company with Solution and Systems Architects.
- Providing input into portfolio investment decisions for the company.
- Maintaining productive networks with partners, the vendor community, and peers.
- Creating, designing, and reviewing complex solutions that span multiple products and business units.
- Evaluating and analyzing architecture for implementing enterprise-level use cases, and other requirements (agility, interoperability, security, integration, scalability).
- Reviewing product designs for compliance to enterprise architecture guidelines and developing software architecture evaluation techniques.
- Preparing comprehensive architectural documents/presentations for stakeholders.
- Analyzing and advising on industry, technology, and market trends to determine potential impacts on enterprise architecture.
- Collaboratively developing and refining enterprise architecture governance processes, technology capability strategies, and interoperability standards.
- Defining and maintaining the applications landscape across the enterprise.
- Developing Cloud architecture principles, reference architectures, guardrails, and standards.
- Developing and leading the execution of the company’s cloud migration strategy.
- Collaborating with engineering teams to build/implement cloud-based solutions and data services.
- Designing application cloud environments and demonstrating Technical Cloud Architectural knowledge, playing a vital role in the design of production, test and development cloud infrastructures.
- Documenting standards/processes of migration methodologies/techniques for large scale applications.
- Advising on approaches to optimize business success.
Requirements of the Data Architect:
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, Management Information Systems, or Engineering preferred
- 10+ years of IT-related experience or equivalent combination of knowledge, training, and experience specific to Cloud implementation
- Professional Cloud Solution/Developer Architect certification preferred
- Strong understanding of/experience in retail business domains preferred
- Excellent leadership, communication, and presentation skills
- Expertise across a wide range of architectural domains and their associated patterns spanning business, data and analytics, application, infrastructure, security, broadcasting technology, and integration
- Demonstrated experience in implementing cross-product line software architecture and in coaching solution teams through architectural decisioning
- Proficient in techniques that produce designs of complex systems, including requirements discovery and analysis, formulation of solution context, identification of solution alternatives and their assessment, technology selection, and design configuration
- Awareness of different architectural frameworks including The Open Group Architecture Framework (“TOGAF”), IT operational frameworks including Information Technology Infrastructure Library (“ITIL”), and project management frameworks including Project Management Body of Knowledge (“PMBOK”)
- Awareness and experience in enterprise architecture tools similar to Troux, Mega, and others
- Experience in social coding platforms (Github), DevOps, and modern application architectures
- Working knowledge of Application Program Interface (API) Management
- Working knowledge of Software as a Service, Platform as a Service, Infrastructure as a Service, Desktop as a Service
- Knowledge of and experience with public cloud provider (Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, and Amazon Web Services) architecture, tools and methodologies
- Experience architecting containers and container platforms
CSS Tec is a business unit of Contemporary Staffing Solutions and a company that exudes unwavering results with urgency, honesty, and integrity. CSS Tec has been a leading provider of contract, contract-hire & direct hire solutions while also offering Project Management and implementations of Salesforce solutions. CSS Tec prides itself on internal retention, with the average recruiter’s tenure exceeding 5 years and some recruiters exceeding 15. CSS Tec is established in the Philadelphia Metro area & has a strong brand, incredible reach, & access to both active & passive candidates through well-established networks in the Greater Philadelphia area & nationally. Originally a staffing agency, we have evolved into a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Information Technology &Salesforce. We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. We operate with pro-active pipelines, with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented work flow, and with real cross training. The CSS Tec team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!
CSS works with our clients and candidates to communicate the opportunity being extended along with the experience required and approved by the client. In turn, the compensation is based on experience and the decision to extend an offer at a specific amount is determined by the hiring company, not CSS. We value the opportunity to represent you and are legally obligated does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.