HR Payroll Specialist #104119
Location : Philadelphia, PA
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Compensation : 30.00 USD/HOUR
Start Date : 05/18/2020
End Date : 04/12/2020
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Human Resources Assistant
An eager Human Resources Assistant is needed for our client in Philadelphia, PA! As the HR Assistant, you will primarily be responsible for assisting with payroll, benefits, and HR functions. This is a full time, temporary position offering $28/hr!
Responsibilities of the HR Assistant Include:
- Compiling and recording employee time and payroll data including computing post wages and deductions and preparing manual paychecks, Prevailing Wage/Davis Bacon/Service Contract, confidential and certified payroll
- Assisting with unemployment submission, employment verification, wage garnishments, miscellaneous reporting from multiple software systems
- Entering all new hires into Employee Navigator and track enrollments
- Directing employees to insurance providers and resolving benefit related problems and enduring effective utilization of plans and positive employee relations.
- Reconciling enrollment and billing monthly
- Calculating and providing staff with annual fringe benefit allowance
- Utilizing mJobtime, Labor ticket and time entry, payroll and labor corrections
- Assisting with the administration of employee benefit programs.
- Acting as a first point of contact for HR questions and visitors
- Maintaining personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements while conducting routine audits of files and working with HR team to update accordingly.
Required Qualifications :
Requirements of the HR Assistant Include:
- 1+ Year of previous experience in HR with 2+ years experience in an industrial setting
- HS Diploma or Equivalent, Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
- Familiarity with COBRA, ERISA, FMLA and related state and federal regulations
- Prevailing Wage experience required.
- Previous experience with mJobtime preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite with the ability to learn new systems
- Must be adaptable, positive, and willing to communicate concerns
Contemporary Staffing Solutions (CSS) has been a leading provider of contract, temporary, temporary-hire & direct hire solutions. Originally a staffing agency, we have evolved into a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Accounting & Finance, Call Center & Office, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Information Technology, and Salesforce. We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. We operate with pro-active pipelines, with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented workflow, and with real cross-training. The CSS team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!