Staff Accountant #101767
A Staff Accountant is needed for a position in Philadelphia, PA. This position offers $30 an hour.
Responsibilities of the Staff Accountant include:
- Overseeing daily activities of financial statement audits, reviews, compilations, agreed upon procedures, and special projects.
- Identifying accounting, financial statement, and reporting issues, based on professional guidelines including U.S. GAAP and IFRS.
- Making recommendations for business and process improvements based upon knowledge gained relative to the client's operations, processes, and business objectives.
- Developing relationships with the clients to provide superior client service.
- Supervising/leading the staff through counsel, guidance and coaching.
- Investing in professional development through active participation in training sessions and networking events both internally and externally.
- Assisting with recruiting activities to include campus recruiting along with referring experienced individuals to the firm and participating in the firm's Employee Referral Bonus Program.
- Demonstrating excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards.
Requirements of the Staff Accountant:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Working towards CPA preferred
- 2 years of experience providing attest services in a professional services firm
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP), U.S. GAAS, and Public Company Oversight Board (PCAOB) Auditing Standards
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of communication, relationship building, personal development, collaboration, and problem solving along with initiative, adaptability and highly developed Microsoft Suite skills