Systems Administrator #102125
A Systems Administrator is needed for a position in King of Prussia, PA.
Responsibilities of the Systems Administrator include:
- Provide technical support for hosted applications and environments covering the full SDLC.
- Provide technical support for Microsoft Windows Web, Domain and Citrix Servers
- Document the in-place solutions for operational and planning purposes.
- Ensure the availability, security, scalability, and performance of the platform and services we offer.
- Monitor and maintain solutions in the technology space.
- Support, install, enhance, and customize the hosted environment.
- Provide monitoring and management solutions
- Design, initiate, and maintain a software currency plan, including patch management processes, concerning the in-place solutions
- Design, initiate, and manage a utilization and capacity plan for the hosted environment
- Provide system performance reports to management on a regular basis
- Provide operational reports regarding system status and performance, problems and resolutions, service level performance, and other such status and performance measures as appropriate.
- Participate on project teams as required.
- Represent technology-area knowledge as it relates to matters at hand.
- Identify relevant technologies and solutions based upon subject-matter expertise and experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or similar technical discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
- CCNA, MCSE, or appropriate SQL DBA certifications a plus
- At least 5 years in Information Technology, and at least 3 years as a Systems Administrator
- Strong systems administrator experience with Windows 2012/2016 Server in a virtual environment
- Experience with Application Servers such as Tomcat, JBoss, Weblogic or equivalent
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools like App Dynamics, LogDNA, New Relic, Nagios, Zabbix, ELK, etc.
- Experience writing shell scripts in Powershell
- Ability to design, deploy, and manage systems and services on cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Exposure to Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2016.
- Understanding of security best practices when managing environments, applications, and CI/CD processes
- Document and test disaster recovery and business continuity of the production environment
- Document and test backup and recovery of data, configurations, systems and applications in the environment
- Participate in an on-call rotation in support of the production environment.
- Performing occasional weekend/off hours as needed
- Strong multitasking, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive customer and internal information and the ability and desire to learn new skills quickly essential.
CSS Tec is a business unit of Contemporary Staffing Solutions and a company that exudes unwavering results with urgency, honesty, and integrity. CSS Tec has been a leading provider of contract, contract-hire & direct hire solutions while also offering Project Management and implementations of Salesforce solutions. CSS Tec prides itself on internal retention, with the average recruiter’s tenure exceeding 5 years and some recruiters exceeding 15. CSS Tec is established in the Philadelphia Metro area & has a strong brand, incredible reach, & access to both active & passive candidates through well-established networks in the Greater Philadelphia area & nationally. Originally a staffing agency, we have evolved into a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Information Technology &Salesforce. We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. We operate with pro-active pipelines, with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented work flow, and with real cross training. The CSS Tec team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!
CSS works with our clients and candidates to communicate the opportunity being extended along with the experience required and approved by the client. In turn, the compensation is based on experience and the decision to extend an offer at a specific amount is determined by the hiring company, not CSS. We value the opportunity to represent you and are legally obligated does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.