Telecom Engineer #102236
A Telecom Engineer is needed for a contract role in North Philadelphia, PA!
Responsibilities of the Systems Architect include:
- Ensuring the stability, reliability and efficient operation of the on-premise Voice Communications systems, including Voice over IP (VoIP / SIP) and TDM platforms.
- Monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all associated telephone system components and operating system software (VoIP, TDM, SIP Trunking, ACD, IVR, Call Centers, ACD Reporting, Voice Recording, E911, Billing, etc.).
- Training and supporting all departmental staff in the efficient operation of the system as well as supporting field personnel in troubleshooting voice services.
- Providing the technical leadership required to keep Telecommunications on the leading edge of Voice and Data technologies and services, ensuring that the technology and services we provide are state-of-the-art and meet the requirements of our customers.
- Applying expert knowledge in VoIP and TDM telephony to ensure the continuous reliable operation of all of the telephone systems, including Mitel's Clearspan (Broadworks) SIP platform, legacy Pointspan TDM switches, and peering with Cisco CUCM at partner organizations.
- Leveraging Linux and Windows server administration skills to maintain all on premise equipment that comprise the Telephone system and support ancillary systems. Including PBXs, SIP Trunking, ACD, IVR, Call Center, Reporting Servers, Recording Servers, E911 Interfaces, Billing / CDR platform, etc.
- Developing maintenance procedures and implement monitoring / alerting protocols to guarantee the availability of critical telephony services in support of the company’s mission.
- Exercising computer programming and web design talents to develop interfaces not just between disparate Telecom systems, but also between Telecom systems and the community of users they support. Including but not limited to APIs, CTI, web services, and online knowledge base and self-service web interfaces.
- Performing annual Disaster Recovery Testing for VoIP Telephone System. Provide test plan, testing procedure and architectural diagrams in support of the system under test.
- Researching New Technologies and Services (CCaaS, Unified Messaging, Multimedia Conferencing, VoIP Monitoring Tools (HOMER), SIP encryption) in an effort to maintain a culture of continuous improvement.
- Overseeing and maintaining the operation of departmental information systems (Calero Pinnacle, Oracle databases, and in-house applications) to ensure systems are current and back-ups are completed to adhere to the department's scheduled requirements.
- Developing and facilitating the addition of new reporting capabilities and extensions to current departmental information systems.
- Providing high level technical and programming support to all department personnel and resources.
- Providing on-site training/assistance to department personnel in the use of all departmental computer applications.
- Partnering with outside vendors to coordinate upgrades and new installations of departmental information systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
- At least 4 years’ experience in the telecommunications field
- Experience designing and deploying PBX systems (Broadsoft, Skype for Business, or Asterisk)
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting VoIP equipment including devices from Mitel, Polycom, Cisco, and Audiocodes
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing ACD and IVR solutions for call/contact centers, including on premise and cloud-based solutions
- Experience working with system integration, including OCI-P, API and CTI
- Expert understanding of SIP stack and all protocols supporting a modern VoIP platform running on Linux operating systems
- Programming knowledge and familiarity with relational databases
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and coordinate multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to work flexible schedules, including weekends, nights and/or holidays, as necessary
- Valid driver's license with the ability to travel to any company location as necessary
- Exceptional multitasking, communication, and interpersonal skills
CSS Tec is a business unit of Contemporary Staffing Solutions and a company that exudes unwavering results with urgency, honesty, and integrity. CSS Tec has been a leading provider of contract, contract-hire & direct hire solutions while also offering Project Management and implementations of Salesforce solutions. CSS Tec prides itself on internal retention, with the average recruiter’s tenure exceeding 5 years and some recruiters exceeding 15. CSS Tec is established in the Philadelphia Metro area & has a strong brand, incredible reach, & access to both active & passive candidates through well-established networks in the Greater Philadelphia area & nationally. Originally a staffing agency, we have evolved into a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Information Technology &Salesforce. We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. We operate with pro-active pipelines, with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented work flow, and with real cross training. The CSS Tec team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!
CSS works with our clients and candidates to communicate the opportunity being extended along with the experience required and approved by the client. In turn, the compensation is based on experience and the decision to extend an offer at a specific amount is determined by the hiring company, not CSS. We value the opportunity to represent you and are legally obligated does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.