Sr SQL DBA #106680
The Sr. SQL DBA will ensure that the enterprise environment, serving both internal employees and external customers, is built and maintained to provide a high level of availability. This person’s main focus will be the support of the Customer Data Platform (CDP). The candidate will work with multiple departments and teams in a very collaborative manner. Candidates should be proactive, motivated, organized, extremely flexible, and work well within fast-paced groups. This position will be part of the application support team and will be expected to learn other applications also.
The successful candidate will be one who is eager to learn new technologies, ability to think outside the box and be resourceful when solving complex problems. Our client is looking for someone who has been part of a small to mid size DBA team who has completed all functions of database administration.
This is a DIRECT HIRE, ONSITE position in Fort Washington, PA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Other duties may be assigned by supervisor or management. In the event of absence, duties for this position will be overseen by the position to which it reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or related field
- 5-7+ years of experience in MS-SQL Database Administration required
- Snowflake Administration (a plus, not required)
- Strong proficiency of SSIS and ETL concepts
- Experience with AWS CLI and Networking is required
- Strong writing skills and experience creating documentation
- 1+ years of experience in Oracle Database Administration (preferred)
- Demonstrated strong proficiency of T-SQL is required
- Experience with MongoDB is required (preferred)
- Experience with Linux Servers
- Experience with highly available cloud architecture
- Experience with SQL replication and SQL Server Agent is required
- Experience with MS-SQL software installation, upgrade, patching required
- Experience with Data Warehouses and Data Marts
- Experience with Looker is a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency of Powershell
- Demonstrated proficiency of index design, query plan optimization and analysis required
- Demonstrated knowledge and hands-on experience with AWS alerting/monitoring tools
- Demonstrated knowledge of MS-Windows environments
- Knowledge of Virtual Machines and SANs
- Willingness to learn new skills and new knowledge
- Experience in managing high transactional large databases
- Ability to work well both independently and with other team members
- Ability to multi-task required and provide rapid support in production
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to follow established technical standards
- Knowledge of fault detection and resolution processes
- May be required to work long hours under pressure while resolving critical issues
Key Performance Metrics
- Interpersonal Skills - Significant contact with internal “clients” and development community.
- Decision Making/Judgment – It’s important that all operational impacts of both minor and major changes to servers and networks are thought through and understood completely before being executed. Financial impact of a bad decision can be significant in both opportunity costs and financial implications.
- Great communication and articulation skills
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Must be able to work on multiple tasks/projects simultaneously and complete projects on time.
- Must adhere to department and company IT protocol, policy and procedures
- Ability to train users in complex topics
- Independent problem solving, self-direction, and able to work in a team
- Must make sound judgments, and use common sense
- Is adept with most aspects of database development and monitoring
- Is adept at setting up and configuring databases
Contemporary Staffing Solutions (CSS) is a company that exudes unwavering results with urgency, honesty, and integrity. CSS has been a leading provider of contract, temporary, and direct hire solutions. Nationally supporting Salesforce Projects & Managed Services and staffing solutions with a focus in Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Information Technology, Salesforce, and Call Center & Office. Everyone at CSS operates with pro-active pipelines, the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, and a team-oriented workflow with real cross-training. The CSS team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can timely deliver solutions to meet your expectations. Our testimonials on our website tell the story from our clients and candidates—check them out!