Financial Data Analyst #108028
Job Type : Direct
Compensation : 60000.00 - 75000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 09/13/2021
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Financial Data Analyst
Seeking an experienced Financial Data Analyst to join our client based in Philadelphia, PA! As the Financial Data Analyst you will be responsible primarily for providing comprehensive data solutions for regulatory financial reporting, budget and forecasting, revenue cycle, and reinsurance reporting. This direct hire opportunity offers between $60-75k/year!
Responsibilities of the Financial Data Analyst include:
- Working with the Finance team on quality improvement projects: gathering requirements, developing metrics, retrieving data, and ensuring the validity of results.
- Independently contributing to projects and data requests from beginning to end.
- Creating innovative and appropriate data solutions and data analysis for the Finance revenue, budget, and reporting processes.
- Working with Finance team to define, document, and verify consistent, reliable datasets for use by all Finance team in their reporting and data analysis.
- Developing and maintaining data sources for finance to support the reporting, revenue, and budget functions.
- Supporting the Finance Department with computations and calculations based on appropriately sourced data for internal and external financial reporting, budget, and revenue processes.
- Compiling, verifying, and analyzing summarized data for financial reporting, budget, and other analyses related to finance
- Engaging in reporting and analysis projects by contributing to report requirement gathering, development, and documentation.
- Creating, maintaining and documenting automated processes within company reporting platforms.
- Providing data including but not limited to claims, premium, capitation, and membership data in support of financial and utilization analyses.
- Verifying data sources and analyzing results to understand the business and proposing future process enhancements.
- Researching issues to determine the source of discrepancies.
- Effectively communicating the results of the analysis.
- Identifying, communicating and monitoring areas for improvement.
- Managing, navigating and mining data from current and future systems and developing streamlined, simplified, and reliable information to improve reporting and variance analysis.
- Determining processes needed to develop and improve data sourcing for reporting and budget functions and ad hoc requests.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, actuarial science, computer science, or analytical study.
- 5+ years of work experience in a corporate setting
- 2+ years of health care experience
- Actuarial Analyst skills
- Attention to details
- Excellent organizational skills
- Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency working with MS Excel, including formulas, calculations, charts, graphs, etc
- Intermediate level of proficiency with SQL and or Microstrategy or SAS
- Intermediate level of proficiency in performing data analytics
- Ability to quickly learn and use computer software tools effectively
- Ability to use computer spreadsheet (Excel) and database (Access and others) tools at the advanced level
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Familiarity with provider coding practices use CPT, ICD-9 codes, DRG's and diagnosis codes
- Experience with delivery and reimbursement of medical services in a managed care environment
- Advanced to intermediate level of proficiency with MS Access
Contemporary Staffing Solutions (CSS) is a company that exudes unwavering results with urgency, honesty, and integrity. CSS has been a leading provider of contract, temporary, temporary-hire & direct hire solutions. We began as a staffing agency and evolved to a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Accounting & Finance, Call Center & Office, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Information Technology, and Salesforce. We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. Everyone at CSS operates with pro-active pipelines and with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented workflow, with real cross-training. The CSS team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!