Legal Assistant - #106165
Location : Philadelphia PA
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Compensation : 18.00 USD/HOUR
Start Date : 03/08/2021
End Date : 03/01/2022
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
An experienced Legal Assistant is needed to join our client in Philadelphia, PA! As the Legal Assistant, you will primarily be responsible for preparing legal papers and correspondence. This temporary to hire opportunity offers between $18-22/hr!
Responsibilities of the Legal Assistant Include:
- Preparing basic legal documents and papers, such as summonses, subpoenas, complaints appeals, memos, motions, and pretrial agreements.
- Filing documents with courts and agencies, including e-filing.
- Mailing and faxing legal correspondence to clients, witnesses, and court officials.
- Receiving and answering phone calls.
- Scheduling appointments and depositions.
- Making photocopies of correspondence, documents, and other printed matter.
- Opening and maintaining case files and documents, and archiving of same, including attorney
- correspondence logs.
- Maintaining Law Library.
- Arranging for vendor payments, court reporters and transcription services, and records retrievals
- Assisting attorneys in collecting information such as employment, medical, and other records.
- Attending legal meetings, such as client interviews, hearings, or depositions, and take notes.
- Reviewing legal publications and perform database searches to identify laws and court decisions relevant to pending cases.
Required Qualifications :
Requirements of the Legal Assistant Include:
- 7+ years of law office experience
- High School Diploma and or Secretarial Science Certification
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Knowledge of legal documents, regulations, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Contemporary Staffing Solutions (CSS) has been a leading provider of contract, temporary, temporary-hire & direct hire solutions. Originally a staffing agency, we have evolved into a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Accounting & Finance, Call Center & Office, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Information Technology, and Salesforce. We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. We operate with pro-active pipelines, with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented workflow, and with real cross-training. The CSS team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!