Payroll Specialist #102000
A job-seeker with experience in multi-state payroll processing is needed for a Direct Hire Payroll Specialist position in Newtown, PA! As the Payroll Specialist, you will primarily be responsible for accurate processing and reconciliation of bi-weekly payroll through UltiPro, providing timely and accurate financial information while engaging in the day-to-day payroll operations. This position is offering an annual salary of $80-100k.
Responsibilities of the Payroll Specialist include:
- Being responsible for administration of time and attendance system, reviewing and processing of multi-state bi-weekly payroll for all 350+ employees utilizing UltiPro’s payroll system.
- Assisting in troubleshooting of payroll data errors.
- Managing workflow while applying strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail, ensuring that all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Accurately creating and maintaining employee payroll files.
- Reconciling payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports.
- Monitoring and processing vacation and holiday pay.
- Understanding proper statewide taxation laws and regulations.
- Processing correct garnishment calculations and compliance, support orders, tax levies in payroll system.
- Maintaining accurate records of leave pay and nontaxable wages.
- Processing accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary (W-2, W-2c, etc.).
- Preparing periodic reports of earnings, taxes and deductions as required.
- Developing other ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed.
- Demonstrating discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality concerning personal information.
- Applying experience and knowledge to identify, recommend and implement improved reporting and processes.
Perks of Working with Our Client Company (for full-time employees):
- Health and Dental benefits
- Vacation and Paid Time Off (accrues after 2 years!)
- Onsite gym
- Educational Assistance
- 403b Plan
- BA/BS degree required in Human Resources or other related business degrees; or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3+ years current experience in Human Resources field with UltiPro payroll processing experience.
- Expertise in working with HRIS and payroll systems (Ultimate Software required).
- Prior experience with implementing and/or troubleshooting HRIS and payroll systems (Ultimate Software required).
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel.
- Be familiar with Human Resources and industry standard concepts, practices and procedure.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills to assist employees with questions and concerns.
- Service orientation, delivering an exceptional team member experience.
- Creative and innovative, always looking for process improvements to improve team member experiences or efficiencies.
- Team oriented and collaborative, able to work across team, division, and organization effectively to achieve optimal outcomes for all involved.
Contemporary Staffing Solutions (CSS) is a company that exudes unwavering results with urgency, honesty and integrity. CSS has been a leading provider of contract, temporary, temporary-hire & direct hire solutions. We began as a staffing agency and evolved to a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Accounting & Finance, Call Center & Office, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Information Technology, Salesforce We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. Everyone at CSS operates with pro-active pipelines and with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented work flow, with real cross training. The CSS team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!