Sr. Java Developer #101944
Senior Java Developer
A Senior Java Developer is currently needed for our client's corporate headquarters located in West Chester, PA.
Responsibilities of the Senior Java Developer include:
- Providing senior level analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and support of applications and databases.
- Guiding projects through our SDLC from development, to test, and into production environments on schedule.
- Reading specifications and provides feedback on areas needing more detail or questions that need to be answered in order for development to begin.
- Writing extensible code that is well structured, properly documented and is easy to maintain.
- Providing off hours support as part of a rotation with other developers.
- Assisting in the development of standards and best practices. Help in evolving areas of the SDLC in need.
- Providing mentoring and training to staff with less experience.
- Creating easy to understand technical documentation for projects completed.
- Understanding the larger picture related to the business/technology strategy, and helps to guide all aspects of application development in that direction.
- 5 years developer experience
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related field
- Worked with large-scale Java Applications
- Experience with CI/CD Tools (TeamCity, Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Experience with Code Review Tools (UpSource, Collaborator, Crucible)
- Experience with VCS systems (Subversion, Git)
- Experience with an RDBMS (MariaDB, MySQL, Postgres)
- Experience with various design patterns
- Strong analytical skills to understand business needs
- Strong organizational, multitasking, and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
CSS Tec is a business unit of Contemporary Staffing Solutions and a company that exudes unwavering results with urgency, honesty, and integrity. CSS Tec has been a leading provider of contract, contract-hire & direct hire solutions while also offering Project Management and implementations of Salesforce solutions. CSS Tec prides itself on internal retention, with the average recruiter’s tenure exceeding 5 years and some recruiters exceeding 15. CSS Tec is established in the Philadelphia Metro area & has a strong brand, incredible reach, & access to both active & passive candidates through well-established networks in the Greater Philadelphia area & nationally. Originally a staffing agency, we have evolved into a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Information Technology & Salesforce. We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. We operate with pro-active pipelines, with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented work flow, and with real cross training. The CSS Tec team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!
CSS works with our clients and candidates to communicate the opportunity being extended along with the experience required and approved by the client. In turn, the compensation is based on experience and the decision to extend an offer at a specific amount is determined by the hiring company, not CSS. We value the opportunity to represent you and are legally obligated does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.