Billing Specialist - #107526
Calling all entry-level Accounting and Finance Majors in Philadelphia, PA! As the Billing Specialist, you will primarily be responsible for ensuring that the matter setup, rates, billing requirements, and client-required reporting is correct. This temporary to possible hire position pays $20/HR!
Responsibilities of the Billing Specialist include:
- Supporting partners by completing billing tasks for assigned clients/matters, notifying the supervisor if any problems arise.
- Ensuring compliance with rate agreements and outside counsel guidelines.
- Identifying any required reporting for budgets, alternate fee arrangements, and accrual requests.
- Reviewing time entries based on client and matter requirements (block billing, task codes, summer associate time etc.).
- Reviewing cost entries for compliance and making a partner aware of any issues.
- Submitting new timekeeper approvals for billed clients and contacts clients regarding new matters or other eBilling system requirements.
- Monitoring eBilled submissions and assisting with the resolution of rejections.
- Alerting the supervisor of any past-due receivables and working closely with supervisor to assist with resolutions.
- Reviewing monthly reports to identify overdue billing or collections and to ensure all current proformas are generated.
- Distributing month-end proformas to appropriate partners.
- Contacting new clients to review billing/payment procedures and handle requests.
- Contacting assigned new partners (with support from supervisor) to assist with reviewing client agreements and rate set up, to review billing procedures and expectations, and to ensure all required billing set ups are in place.
- Maintaining confidentiality of all financial and systems-related information.
Requirements of the Billing Specialist:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Co-op or Internship experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Contemporary Staffing Solutions (CSS) is a company that exudes unwavering results with urgency, honesty and integrity. CSS has been a leading provider of contract, temporary, temporary-hire & direct hire solutions. We began as a staffing agency and evolved to a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Accounting & Finance, Call Center & Office, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Information Technology, and Salesforce. We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. Everyone at CSS operates with pro-active pipelines and with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented work flow, with real cross training. The CSS team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!