HR Generalist/Recruiter #112051
Location : Philadelphia, PA
Job Type : Direct
Compensation : 61007.93 - 70624.30 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 04/03/2023
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3-5 years
Required Education : Bachelor's degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
An HR Generalist/Recruiter is needed for our client in Philadelphia, PA! As the HR Generalist/Recruiter, you will primarily be responsible for the overall recruitment, employee onboarding, retention, coordination, and the administration of employee related programs including but not limited to employee relations, benefits programs including medical and other plans, FMLA/Disability leaves, employee safety, Worker’s and Unemployment Compensation and other programs as needed. This direct-hire opportunity offers $61k-$70k based on experience!
Responsibilities of the HR Generalist/Recruiter Include:
- Develops, manages, and coordinates all recruiting and hiring activities in conjunction with hiring departments. Recommends strategies and plans to improve recruiting and employment practices. Assists departments in developing procedures and methods for hiring needed staff.
- Coordinates, participates, and represents the company in recruitment job fairs, high school and college recruiting and other internal and external recruiting activities.
- Establish and maintain relationships with company employees; responding to questions, concerns, and problems in an accurate and confidential manner. According to the circumstances, provide guidance and recommendations for problem resolution to department or individuals.
- Works to develop, coordinate and manage an agency wide student internship program with identified networks and partnership appropriate to the company.
- Assists in the implementation of all current and future benefit plans, activities and contracts including wellness/ disability management, retirement and other programs as needed.
- Assists the company HR department in preparing effective communication processes to inform employees of benefits, changes, and revisions, using intranet and printed materials. Ensures that relevant information is posted in appropriate places on I-net. Answers employees’ questions regarding benefits plans.
- Under the direction of the HR Manager, administers Unemployment and Worker’s Compensation claims, ensuring claims are processed in accordance with appropriate procedures. Provides and completes required information and forms to ensure timely responses. Files appeals and participates in the appeals process as required. Monitors monthly UC self-funded charge. Attends UC appeals as needed.
- Assists in analyzing staffing needs and reviewing job descriptions periodically. Assists with recruiting applicants by representing the company at selected job fairs, maintaining liaison with local schools and associations. Contracts with outside organizations and suppliers to provide services such as temporary staff, internet recruiting, employment, and educational verifications.
- Coordinates safety matters and issues involving company employees. Works with Safety Committee to develop and implement safety procedures as needed.
- Assists in identifying new HR IT needs and software products to fulfill these needs. Assist in generating PeopleSoft queries and reports along with narrative explanations and recommendations for departments. Supervise processes to create and maintain PeopleSoft data including the assignment of position numbers, job codes, and security access for new departments.
- Coordinates and administers reimbursement for tuition assistance, employee referral and recruitment bonus programs.
- Participates in HR quality assurance activities while also aiding Human Resources Manager and other staff members in dealing with HR projects as required.
- All other duties assigned.
Required Qualifications :
Requirements of the HR Generalist/Recruiter Include:
- BA/BS in Human Resources/Organizational Development or equivalent field required.
- MA/MS in Human Resources/Organizational Development or related field preferred.
- PHR required, SPHR preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in HR functions required with emphasis in benefits and employment activities. MA/MS may waive some experience requirements.
- Functional knowledge of talent acquisition and recruiting strategies
- Technically proficient in HRIS, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) ATS and/or equivalent. PeopleSoft experience preferred.
Contemporary Staffing Solutions (CSS) has been a leading provider of contract, temporary, temporary-hire & direct hire solutions. We began as a staffing agency and evolved to a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Accounting & Finance, Call Center & Office, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, & Information Technology. To learn more about CSS, visit our website: www.ContemporaryStaffing.com