Legal Assistant (Pro Bono Unit) #102228
A Legal Assistant is currently needed for a position in Jacksonville, FL! If you’re looking for a rewarding position, this is the one for you! This position is for the Pro Bono unit! Our client company is a non-profit law firm that provides high-quality, free legal services to the local community to advocate for them with important civil issues. They have been offering their help to those who otherwise would could not afford it for over 80 years.
Responsibilities of the Legal Assistant include:
- Supporting pro bono attorneys in their casework by reserving conference rooms, providing document templates, arranging for notary service, submitting reimbursement requests, etc.
- Serving as a liaison with pro bono clients.
- Sending requests for case status updates, archiving emails and case notes, closing cases ensuring that pro bono attorney time has been documented and that data can be captured and analyzed for outcomes and return on investment.
- Creating new profiles in Legal Server for pro bono attorneys.
- Sending thank you emails and notes to pro bono attorneys. Sending case closing letters and client surveys to clients.
- Assisting with and attending outreach events and clinics, as needed.
- Working with technology team, management, and the Pro Bono Unit, to maximize Legal Server and other tools for data capture and analysis.
- Updating the outreach section of Legal Server for accurate pro bono reporting
- Updating the non-attorney hours’ spreadsheet for accurate pro bono reporting.
- Communicating with the Pro Bono Case Placement Manager when cases are closed, and pro bono attorneys are ready to consider a new case. Helping with case placement, as needed.
- Communicating with the Director of Pro Bono and the Director of Public Relations when client stories may be meaningful features for the Pro Bono Spotlight column and firm's social media and annual report.
- Reporting to and supporting the Pro Bono Director and assisting with special projects as needed
Perks of Working with Our Client Company (for full-time employees):
- Excellent Health, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Disability and life insurance
- Generous paid leave and vacation
- And more!
Requirements of the Legal Assistant:
- Two years of experience working in a law firm or working with Pro Bono Directors
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Adobe, and Google applications
- Two-year degree or certification in paralegal studies preferred
- A team player capable of working in a collaborative environment
- Organized, detail-oriented, and great at multitasking
Contemporary Staffing Solutions (CSS) is a company that exudes unwavering results with urgency, honesty, and integrity. CSS has been a leading provider of contract, temporary, and direct hire solutions. Nationally supporting Salesforce Projects & Managed Services and staffing solutions with a focus in Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Information Technology, Salesforce, and Call Center & Office. Everyone at CSS operates with pro-active pipelines, the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, and a team-oriented workflow with real cross-training. The CSS team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can timely deliver solutions to meet your expectations. Our testimonials on our website tell the story from our clients and candidates—check them out!