Senior Accountant #101997
A Senior Accountant is currently needed for a Direct-Hire opportunity in Colmar, PA. This position requires at least 3 years of experience and offers an annual salary starting at $65K.
Responsibilities of the Senior Accountant:
- Preparing and posting journal entries as needed.
- Conducting monthly and quarterly account reconciliations, ensuring accurate reporting and ledger maintenance.
- Preparing monthly reporting and general ledger analysis, reviewing against budget and previous actuals.
- Mananaging the open periods in the company's SAP environment.
- Preparing the global consolidation and related journal entries.
- Performing financial closing activities in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with corporate policies.
- Participating in the preparation of the quarterly and annual SEC financial reports.
- Supporting the department’s development, testing and usage of key financial systems, including the enterprise resource planning system (SAP).
- Collaborating cross-functionally to ensure financial policies and procedures are followed throughout the organization.
- Identifying opportunities for improvements to business processes and participate in cross-functional process improvement projects.
- Assisting in the development, maintenance and improvement of accounting policies, memos and position papers.
- Ensuring assigned activities are in SOX compliant and comply with the company’s established COSO 2013 framework.
- Assisting in audits as it relates to quarterly reviews, annual audits, and periodic controls reviews.
- Assisting with special projects as assigned.
Requirements of the Senior Accountant:
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or CMA certification preferred
- 3 years of corporate or public accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Previous accounting systems experience, preferably SAP or similar large ERP, QuickBooks,
- Blackline, Hyperion or other consolidation tool
- Intermediate to advance proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
Contemporary Staffing Solutions (CSS) is a company that exudes unwavering results with urgency, honesty, and integrity. CSS has been a leading provider of contract, temporary, and direct hire solutions. Nationally supporting Salesforce Projects & Managed Services and staffing solutions with a focus in Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Information Technology, Salesforce, and Call Center & Office. Everyone at CSS operates with pro-active pipelines, the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, and a team-oriented workflow with real cross-training. The CSS team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can timely deliver solutions to meet your expectations. Our testimonials on our website tell the story from our clients and candidates—check them out!