Sr. Companion Program Coordinator #102224
Responsibilities of the Sr. Companion Program Coordinator include:
- Providing administrative and secretarial support to the Project Manager and acting as backup secretary to departmental staff when assigned by Assistant Director.
- Managing the development, typing, formatting and production of documents. Consulting and assisting department staff with word processing, transcription, printing and profiling. Required to master multiple data systems such as Volunteer Reporter, Oracle, People Soft and Publisher.
- Collecting and processing Senior Companion timesheets and travel vouchers on biweekly basis.
- Ensuring accuracy when entering data into the People Soft system for the Companion payroll.
- Receiving and processing telephone information requests coming to the Program. Preparing packets of materials for mass mailings, keeping log of requests, and providing information as needed.
- Entering Senior Companion hours in automated Volunteer Reporter and People Soft attendance system and maintaining Senior Companion records in both paper and electronic files.
- Overseeing and maintaining centralized electronic filing system for the department including detailed companion records, electronic check requests, purchase orders, media mailing and marketing, and fax lists.
- Assisting with monthly in-service training and periodic pre-service training of Companions: scheduling rooms, assisting with room set-up and performing other duties as needed during training.
- Acting as liaison and advocate between SCP and Shared Ride Program: scheduling rides for Companions, reporting problems and performing monthly reconciliation reports to SEPTA.
- Creating monthly SCP Newsletter and invitation and sponsorship book for annual SCP recognition luncheon.
- Ordering, receiving, and distributing office departmental supplies.
- Providing back-up support to other clerical staff as needed.
- Completing tasks for mailing, copying, faxing, shipping, etc., as required.
- Greeting telephone callers in pleasant, courteous and professional manner; exercising judgment in responding to volunteer inquiries.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
Perks of Working with Our Client Company (for full-time employees):·
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401K plan with company match
- Casual dress code
- Free snacks and drinks
- And more!
- 2 years or more of Business School or the equivalent of experience and education.
- 2 years secretarial experience.
- Typing speed of 40-50 wpm, proven grammatical and word processing required.
- Experience working with current office systems and business machines.
- Must be professional, flexible, helpful, and have good judgment. Must have ability to work cooperatively with many personalities and under deadline pressure.
- Must be able to employ creativity and problem solving skills and remain focused through frequent interruptions.
- Skilled in handling multiple tasks and priorities.
- Able to communicate clearly and in a positive manner.
- Organized and efficient with high attention to detail.