Sr. Financial Accountant (REMOTE) #111679
Sr. Financial Accountant - REMOTE in PA, DE, NJ or MD
Our client based in Philadelphia, PA is seeking a Sr. Financial Accountant to join the team. As the Sr. Financial Accountant your primary duties will be to coordinate, monitor and analyze the financial and operational business functions within the Corporate Accounting Department.
- Coordinate the analysis associated with the financial reporting for DHS and Owner /Risk Hospitals.
- Serve as Finance business lead with Information Technology to ensure effectiveness of financial reporting data and systems. Coordinate with business partners to maintain current financial reporting requirements to ensure data is available on a timely basis and verified for financial reporting.
- Utilize working knowledge of the Revenue cycle for all lines of business in order to be proficient in the Financial Reporting function.
- Utilize working knowledge of the Medical expense calculations including IBNR in order to be proficient in the Financial Reporting function.
- Coordinate and foster relationships with internal business partners providing technical expertise and knowledge of financial applications related to financial reporting.
- Represent Finance at meetings with business partners regarding business and financial reporting initiatives and projects.
- Perform financial analysis and research.
- Work with external auditors to provide all necessary documentation for year-end audits.
- Work with all levels of Finance to prepare completion of the analysis, reporting packages and project deliverables for DHS and Hospital Specific reporting.
- Gain an understanding of differences between various basis of accounting and reporting.
- Provide input to Director of Financial Reporting and Analysis and work with team members to meet or exceed reporting requirements and functional objectives.
- Provide input to Director of Financial Reporting and Analysis to develop, train and cross train team members of the department related to financial functions and operations.
- 5+ years of work experience in a Health Insurance industry
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA and or MBA a plus
- Excellent organizational skills
- Advanced level of proficiency working with MS Excel and Word
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work remotely