Sr Systems Engineer - AWS #103800
The individual must perform the following set of duties:
- Manage, support, and maintain all technical aspects of AWS hosted environments, including all related components/systems.
- Manage, support, and maintain all technical aspects of the infrastructure's network, backup platform and associated systems.
- Develop, implement, and maintain the standards for all infrastructure technologies.
- Maintain strict security standards compliance and ensure responsible security practices are implemented.
- Approve and manage the technical scope and deliverables for infrastructure activities.
- Serve as a key stakeholder in all infrastructure related incident response, troubleshooting and resolution efforts.
- Serve as a technical owner for all appropriate RFCs (request for change).
- Provide input and own a share in delivering against the technical roadmap.
- Develop and maintain a complete and comprehensive documentation.
- Provide hands-on support, guidance, and/or assistance to help fulfill emergency requirements or incidents where needed.
- Develop a collaborative working practice with key internal stakeholders such as Security, R&D, etc.
- Keeps up to date on relevant technology and industry trends.
- Assist and provide guidance to other team members on complex technical issues.
- Be part of a team who works a rotating schedule that will include some overnight and weekend coverage as needed.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Qualifications for this role would include:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- AWS Cloud Practitioner certification
- Experience in Terraform, Terragrunt
- Experience in GitHub
- Experience in development environments such as Atom and Visual Studio Code
- Comprehensive understanding of CI/CD methodologies
- Deep understanding of the fundamentals required to build highly available and scalable services.
- Experience in the implementation of structured design and architectural processes in a production environment.
- Experience in performance and capacity planning.
- Comprehensive, hands on experience in highly available production environments with virtualization, storage, networking, automation technologies, and a wide variety of operating systems.
- Comprehensive understanding of server hardware and virtual hardware, storage hardware, and datacenter topology and architecture.
- Solid understanding of core virtualization and storage fundamentals.
- Comprehensive understanding of and experience with prevalent infrastructure technologies such as Fiber Channel, ISCSI, Ethernet, TCP/IP, and VLANS.
- Ability to troubleshoot effectively in a high-pressure environment.
- Willingness to coach and/or train peers on technical matters.
- Must be detail oriented, possess good communications skills and habits, and like to work in a highly transparent environment.
Preferred (but not required) experience:
- AWS Developer or DevOps certification
- Experience with DevOps development processes/methodologies
- Experience with Docker, Jenkins, Ansible, Octopus
- Experience building and supporting high volume SaaS product infrastructure